Hot Seat

Interesting moment in the fastest finger tonight, the first 2 questions nobody answered correctly.

I wonder if Eddie McGuire’s return to the Footy Show last night, might finally mean they are considering giving Hot Seat the plug.

1 Like

You mean pulling the plug? Or giving it a free plug?

1 Like

Pulling the plug. And yes, I think they will wind it up this year.

Hot Seat Needs an Parent-Child Week where the Couples can Win Cash for their Education.

1 Like

Controversially, Nine announced their low-rating 5pm gameshow will be back in 2018, at their Upfronts today.

1 Like

This new format has already failed in the ratings so why are they announcing it again?

1 Like

To make you think it’s something new.

1 Like

It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if Millionaire Hot Seat is still on the air at the time of it’s 10th anniversary in April 2019.

Millionaire Hot Seat moving to 1 hour has done anything but wonders for the program. Hopefully it means that they’re gonna come up with something exciting soon.

I actually wouldn’t be overly surprised if the only reason Nine is continuing with Hot Seat in 2018 is because their 6pm news bulletins in the key metro East Coast markets are still outrating their Seven equivalents most weeknights.

But overall, it wouldn’t really bother me if Hot Seat was axed especially in it’s current format. I’ll admit it was fun to see a social media friend’s impromptu “Macarena” performance on the show a few months back, but aside from that I’ve lost a lot of interest in the show since the million went off and the new format launching at the start of this year!

3 Likes

I still like Hot Seat… though I rarely watch the Fastest Finger First bit, as it’s a bit boring and monotonous for 15 straight questions.

I’m still smiling about the look on the young Melbourne croupier’s face who today won $100,000… when he got told he won, he looked like a stunned mullet.

3 Likes

Nine knows he’s a journalist. :smiley:

5 Likes

The Anti-Defamation Commission, a Jewish community organisation, has criticised Eddie McGuire for what it says were anti-Semitic comments made by him on Hot Seat this week.

3 Likes

Judging by the promo that’s airing this weekend, it looks like there might be another “Million Dollar Episode” of Hot Seat on Monday!

The promo is asking whether a contestant who’s wedding day didn’t go according to plan may become a “Millionaire Bride” and there’s this:
HotSeat

3 Likes

I wonder if Nine, Seven or BBC UKTV will show this here.

1 Like

I hope someone does.

I’d like to see that.

1 Like

The UK revival looks so good! I love the set

3 Likes

The first part of the UK revival which aired yesterday.

2 Likes

That set is quite amazing.

4 Likes