Home and Away

30th anniversary this month so yes 2018 is the 31st year

1 Like

Jessica Falkholt has her life support turned off on Thursday, one day after the funeral of her sister Annabelle and their parents.
I hope there will be a dedication to Jess on the next episode on Channel 5 UK and also when the new season starts on Seven on January 29.

She hasn’t passed away. She is off life support but still in a critical condition.

Initial reports said she died. Good to hear she may recover.

From the Daily Telegraph

A spokesperson for St George Hospital said: “On behalf of the family of Jessica Falkholt, St George Hospital has been asked to advise the media and the community that Jessica’s life support has been switched off. She remains in a critical condition.

I believe initial reports suggested that her life support had been switched off, which in my opinion would generally mean that someone hasn’t survived, however in this instance it appears they have now clarified the above that she is alive however still in a critical condition.

1 Like

There have been cases where people have pulled through after their life support has been turned off, but generally turning off someone’s life support just lets them pass away peacefully.

Jessica wasn’t all that well known but hopefully the publicity given to this story will make others stop and think about driving a car when perhaps they’re not up to it. To know this tragedy was completely avoidable makes it all the harder to accept.

Some strange casting in children’s television series Drop Dead Weird.

Ada Nicademou guest starred in an episode where she played a famous actress from Home and Away called Ava Gilmore. But why would they do that?

1 Like

30th anniversary of Home and Away tomorrow (if Wiki is to be believed).

2 Likes

that is correct. The pilot aired as a 2-hour telemovie on Sunday 17 January 1988. The first half-hour episode followed the next night.

5 Likes

Gee I feeling old :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I still remember it all starting
All those years ago

1 Like

Jessica Falkholt has passed away today. Six days after her life support was switched off

1 Like

Very sad. And given today is the 30th anniversary since the show began it’s a sad way to remember the milestone.

1 Like

I have posted my thoughts on Jessica’s death on Twitter so I will not repeat them here. Basically I am sad and angry at four innocent lives lost and hope this will lead to massive changes to road laws.

1 Like

Have H&A had a current actor (at the time) die previously? Will be interesting to see how they write her out of the show

She’s not even in the show. That’s why it’s so ridiculous. She was in it for under two months in 2016. Not what I would call a Home and Away “Star”

4 Likes

The media used it as a way for people to connect to her.

She was also in Underbelly: Badness which wasn’t mentioned anywhere until today when her credits have been listed in obituaries.

Most media outlets referred to her as a former H&A actor/actress. The ones referring to her as a ‘star’ were perhaps trying to sensationalise the story.

1 Like

well there you go, shows how up to date I am - is Bouncer the wombat still there?

1 Like

No, he got murdered years ago - in a drug deal that went wrong, which ended with an explosion. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Alf never did catch those flamin’ mongrels, did he?

3 Likes