Home and Away

1 Like

Yes, part of TV Week’s obsession with the show.

He gets a double page spread while other great actors joining other TV series get nothing.

3 Likes

So last night (well in Melbourne at least) we see two kids discover a dead body on a beach. Do they report it to the police? Noooo. And why? Because one of them had stolen the boat that took them to this beach.

Well that’s a good reason, isn’t it??

I hope this storyline is heading somewhere because at the moment it’s ridiculous. Not to mention the underwhelming shock at finding a body. If it was me I would’ve been hysterical, but I guess they’re more used to this happening because people die all the time in Summer Bay…

2 Likes

Home & Away’s promo for 2018 indicates that new River Boys are coming to the Bay :frowning:

Does it mention Sam Frost (ex-The Bachelorette and Hell’s Kitchen)?

I believe she makes a brief appearance, walking out of the water in one shot in a bikini.

She actually made her first appearance in the final, in case you didn’t know. She was in the other car that Kat & Robbo hit that caused Kat to die.

1 Like

That was a dramatic way to introduce a character and kill off another character at the same time. Here is the article on the exit of Pia Miller who is now filming Bite Club for Nine:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/pia-millers-dramatic-home-and-away-exit-shocked-nobody/news-story/72e4e6b9d5248b85cde7d0c84ceae025

1 Like

Did you just post a major spoiler?

No? That all happened on Mondays episode.

2 Likes

I think the writers did a pretty good job with this finale. Of course it had the usual angst stuff you see every year, but the writers made the viewers feel sorry for both Robbo and Ash despite their rivalry over Kat, and also despite the fact that Robbo may be rotten to the core (yet to be confirmed).

1 Like

Might be worth watching again if this ever happens…

2 Likes

I think it was mentioned elsewhere in this forum that Seven had a different way of counting the episodes of Home and Away. On 7plus, Monday’s triple episode season finale was listed as episode 121 and 122 of 2017/18 season (not only that, the second episode was 44 minutes long). According to H&A fansite Back to the Bay, they were listed as episode 6808 to 6810.

1 Like

Must be a way Seven manipulates the ratings.

4 Likes

Cannot believe H&A is returning to 7 on 29 Jan.
Surely this is the year to move it to 7two

What will they put at 7 then?

Well it would be a good opportunity to launch something like a project/Aca-TT/ panel blend.
They dabbled with 7pm once on 7two with Mel Doyle (a very watchable bulletin I might add) so why not give it a try…

30 years of H/A in 2018

3 Likes

Isn’t it 31 years? It started in 1988.