Home and Away

You’ve misread his post.

Probably. Unfortunately I have trouble understanding most of the posts from @Sully. The comments are often twisted about, with thoughts just running into each other. So I end up giving up reading them or trying to make heads or tails of them.

1 Like

Who won’t be coming home?

Home and Away’s explosive week

The clock is ticking: Summer Bay’s most beloved residents are in peril next week when a devastating explosion rips through the Bay. Find out who may not make it home in the latest promo.

Last night’s episode of Home and Away saw a mysterious box addressed to Marilyn Chambers (Emily Symons) delivered to the iconic Summer Bay Diner. Marilyn is knee-deep in her fight against corrupt skincare company, Stunning Organics, who appear to have sent her one final erroneous delivery. What the Bay’s residents don’t know is that the box is laden with explosives.

When Marilyn is slow to collect the parcel from the Diner, the box makes its way around the Bay, passing through the hands of beloved locals, including Irene (Lynne McGranger), Kirby (Angelina Thomson), Marilyn, Xander (Luke Van Os), Leah (Ada Nicodemou) and John (Shane Withington).

When the bomb is finally activated, a countdown timer is triggered, and the clock begins to tick backwards ominously. Every second that passes brings the Bay closer to disaster…

Surf shop owner, Mali (Kyle Shilling), hears about the bomb threat and races into action in a nail-biting car chase. Barrelling down the road, Mali speeds after his friends. But is he too late? Who will be with the bomb when the clock hits zero?

The explosive blast will devastate the Bay, and when the dust settles, one person won’t be coming home.

1 Like

Good. Blow up the entire town and cancel the show.

Can’t wait for Amazon to do the same to Neighbours.

I think not .

I thought Irene’s house had been demolished but it appeared 9 ? months later when Marilyn was storing her boxes there.

Not sure if John’s house is still there . Have not seen it since for longer I think.

I was thinking the diner will be redone as it has been there ages. I think Sid was still in that diner set with Marilyn in 2013 !

Farmhouse is also old too , pretty sure it was brought in after Annie and Geoff .

Anyone not liking this band ? 2 years ago the storylines were that modelling stuff with Bella and Nikau. I actually preferred them to Remi and Bree. Eden and Cash . etc. Older characters /actors too. If they were just housemates sharing a place and had normal jobs and interacted more in the bay it would be better.

The good old days of Aussie drama
50 years ago

3 Likes

Message from Jacqui Purvis.

1 Like

There was a disclaimer at the beginning of tonight’s episode. I only heard it form another room… something about the show containing “sexual …” something? I missed the word that followed.

It was this:

Nina Oyama, who is guest quizmaster on this week’s Have You Been Paying Attention? also had a cameo on tonight’s episode of H&A, playing Sylvia Grey.

2 Likes

So weird. Watching Shortland St last week and someone slipped something in a drink at the bar … though the character was not assaulted nor did they fall unconscious.

Where are you watching? Has it found a new home here?

1 Like

It’s uploaded to Youtube ever since (I thought this was breaking copyright etc? ) Goes back 4 months.

Seven must’ve felt it was at the upper end of what could be accommodated within the PG classification and played it safe by airing an extra warning, as also posted by an actor on their social media tonight (linked by a MS member on the site today).
I’d imagine a verbal form of ‘sexual violence’ which is rarely allowed in any classification under MA15+ and even then is handed carefully, but tonight’s ep must’ve been very meticulously written/shot and restrained.

2 Likes

I cannot remember the exact year maybe 2009 but I remember a character who was autistic or disabled somehow … am sure it was in the period when we had Sid , Dexter , Indi etc.

It was back when the show had a classification warning screen. It was PG then N " some nudity".

I’m sure I remember some male character skinny dipping and running around the ocean and you saw their bottom briefly from a distance. Brendan Austin ?

Cannot remember the last time we had a drink spike storyline though.

Ridiculous that they need to show a warning for nudity. Even G rated shows have shown bare bums without needing a warning.

2 Likes

Don’t see how it is ridiculous, it’s called societal standards. As a viewer I would not expect any nudity from watching a PG-rated program, and would expect such advice if it were to occur and would expect it in a restrained way that is vital to the storytelling of the program.

1 Like

Seems it’s only male bums that are allowed. I remember years ago Gav and Waz on The Block were seen cooking food on the barbecue wearing nothing but aprons, but something similar involving females on another show caused an uproar. Sorry, can’t remember which show though.

Are you from the 1950s? :joy:

This was around the time H&A was pushing the boundaries more consistently, some episodes were still classified G. I can remember an ep where Belle (Jessica Tovey) put her hand down Aiden’s (Todd Lasance) pants in bed and couldn’t believe this was being broadcast on commercial FTA at 7pm, especially then and a time the show was a mega hit.

I also recall it was around this time there were investigations by the ACMA and they were found in breach (my aforementioned could’ve even have been one of the eps) and as a result Seven decided to blanket every episode as PG from then on.

2007 or 2008 I’d say.

2 Likes

Hasn’t H&A been pushing the envelope since it started or have I got that wrong?