Home and Away

I read on tv tonight next year a few old faces come back to the bay any ideas who they could be?

That could be good. The character of Angelo came back for a six month stint a couple of years ago and it was a pretty good storyline. Neighbours always did a great job bringing back former characters so hopefully H&A realise there is interest in the old faces.

2 Likes

Or Chris Hemsworth :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it is Kate Ritchie returning i remember reading a article about it.

Does anyone else think the show is in need of another long-term storyline? As in one that goes down the crime/drama/mystery route.

A few years ago there was Charlotte King which involved her killing Denny, covering it up, getting involved with the people after Brax, then getting killed herself etc.

There was also the Morgans witness protection story, and we also had the story of Robbo not knowing who he was, then being revealed as a federal police officer sent to the Bay, then him, Jasmine and Tori going into hiding once the people who killed his family came after him again.

I just feel as though some dramatic storylines such as these could give a big boost to the ratings.

I thought people generally complained about them going down that route and would rather see more of the fostering angle and storylines that can come out of that front and centre again.

Must say haven’t watched Home and Away regularly for a number of years now but have caught an episode or two in recent months, and it’s quite easy to grasp what is going on very quickly as though the characters may change ultimately the characteristics of the main characters don’t.

2022 90 minute season final Monday 28 November.

2 Likes

I really wish they would stop messing around with the schedule with these 90 minute specials. Sometimes on a Thursday night they have a triple episode sometimes only 1 sometimes two it’s not necessarily to mess around with the schedule. It makes watching free to air TV unnecessary frustrating.

2 Likes

Sabotage on the way to the altar

Will the bride make it to the wedding of the year?

Summer Bay is abuzz when Home and Away’s unmissable feature-length season final kicks off from 7.00pm Monday, 28 November on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The highly anticipated wedding of Tane Parata (Ethan Browne) and Felicity Newman (Jacqui Purvis) sees the happy couple’s nearest and dearest friends and whānau come together to celebrate.

In a heart-warming gesture of brotherly love, Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) presents Felicity with a surprise: he, along with the help of Justin (James Stewart), has been painstakingly fixing up their late father’s old ute to serve as the perfect wedding car.

Touched by the sentimental gift, Felicity looks forward to having something of her father’s play an important part in her wedding. But as the bride to be drinks away the pre-wedding jitters and enjoys her last night as a Newman, a sinister figure lurking in the shadows tampers with the ute’s brake line.

On the morning of the wedding, Felicity has a panic attack when she realises the full weight of the commitment she is about to make. Spiralling, she frantically calls off the wedding, but best friend and bridesmaid Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) steps in to talk her around.

Cash, Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) and Gary (Peter Phelps) attempt to stall the waiting groom. Tane begins to wonder if he’s about to be left at the altar, but his bride is en route… and on a collision course with danger.

Will Tane get to marry the woman he loves? Or will their perfect day end in flames?

Don’t miss the nail-biting 2022 supersized season final of Australia’s #1 drama.

1 Like

Home & Away will return on Monday 9 January next year - three weeks earlier than usual.

7 Likes

Very surprised to hear that given Seven wouldn’t usually bother during non-ratings.

But I wonder how that works when there are BBL matches starting before 7.30pm?

A January 9 return? Wow, that’s early for Seven. Doesn’t it usually start towards the end of January?

2 Likes

1 Like

Gotta say that I really enjoyed the season finale. It had the right balance of seriousness and humour, and I just loved Dean and Ziggy at the birthing class.

2 Likes

Probably because the Big Bash league doesn’t rate that well overall when it is on everyday as an alternative.

The returns next year i heard are Bella returning and Karen but unfortunately i think temporary and it is because Ziggy , Dean and Nikau potentially leaving.Ava Justin’s daughter returns but recast as an older actress.

The guy who plays Dean has dyed his hair blonde as has the guy who plays Nikau on Instagram …i read hes in La…not sure if thats true .

Writers probably run out of storylines for these people and contracts were up.

…

Was looking on Youtube the other week didnt realise how long the diner set has stayed the same as there was a scene with Sid and Marilyn…maybe time for a refresh?

Irene needs a storyline too other than holding a notepad behind the counter …havent seen her place much since Jasmine left… and Cash was going to propose…someone move in with her Bree…Rose…Xander…etc

1 Like

Home and Away crashes into 2023

Lives hang in the balance in shocking season return

Summer Bay is thrown into disaster mode in the wake of a devastating car crash when Home and Away returns to Channel 7 and 7plus 7pm Monday, 9 January 2023.

In the first moments of the explosive return of Australia’s #1 drama, it becomes apparent to the waiting wedding party that something is wrong: Felicity (Jacqui Purvis) should be there by now.

Instead, the bride-to-be and bridesmaid Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) were last seen speeding towards danger in a wedding ute with tampered brakes, on a collision course with an unsuspecting Justin (James Stewart) and Leah (Ada Nicodemou).

When news of a horrific car crash surfaces, Tane (Ethan Browne) springs into action, with Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) and Gary (Peter Phelps) by his side.

But when the men arrive at the accident site, they soon come to the grim realisation that not everyone may make it out alive.

The fate of Dr Bree Cameron (Juliet Godwin) remains unknown after she was kidnapped and taken away from the Bay by her abusive husband, Jacob (Alex Williams). In Home and Away’s season return week, a distraught Remi (Adam Rowland) searches for the woman he loves. With no sign of her whereabouts or any leads, Remi begins to fear the worst. Will this blossoming romance end in tragedy?

Plus, don’t miss a new arrival set to shake things up when Home and Away returns to Channel 7 and 7plus for another massive year of drama in 2023.

I wouldn’t be surprised if, much like Neighbours but to a lesser extent, it’s the UK broadcaster’s tail (in this case Channel 5) wagging the dog here. It’s been mentioned that it starts a week earlier still (Jan 2) over there.

As for the cricket - no idea, though I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the mid-week games get shifted in full to 7mate (except for the Wednesday games scheduled for 7.40pm where both can co-exist). If Seven doesn’t think they’re worth the ratings, then, well, they may have decided that it’s only worth having two big games a week, Wed and Sun.

Otherwise they’d need something like some Friday evening omnibuses to catch up (cricket exclusive to Fox that night) and I don’t see that flying, especially when they’ve explicitly said they’ll be starting on a Monday. There’d be a big desire not to miss the anniversary date of H&A either (which falls on a Tuesday).

I’m not sure how much the UK broadcaster has to do with this. Channel Five took their Christmas break earlier than usual this year, on 18th November. That’ll be a six week break if they resume on 2nd January. They are currently 9 weeks (45 episodes) behind, and will only catch up by 1 week/5episodes at the start of next year. For some reason they like to stay 6-8 weeks behind Channel Seven - this never used to be the case and at one stage were only a week behind. Not sure if it’s somehow cheaper for them to stay behind, though as far as I know they have European first-run rights.

1 Like

I think the early return for H&A may have something to do with Seven’s programming plans next year including Thursday night AFL. It will still allow an average of five episodes per week, meaning Seven won’t have to show triple episodes on Thursday nights too often towards the back end of official ratings.

4 Likes