Home and Away

Could Home and Away see a modest increase in ratings with Neighbours ending? Maybe new viewers looking for a soap to watch? Just a thought.

I doubt it.

2 Likes

I wonder what happens to all the actors , now they’re unemployed? Wonder if any of them will move to Home and Away.

Adam Rowland (Remi) was on Neighbours previously.

Rebekah Elmaloglou was pitching for a Home and Away return on The Project last night. :wink:

She also mentioned last week she was wanting a job on a UK soap so I guess she’ll go anywhere for work.

1 Like

Quite possibly capitalising on the show’s popularity in the UK. Either way, I’m sure the unknown is pretty confronting for people who’ve worked on the show for many years.

1 Like

Actors have flipped between the two quite frequently over the years but I would hope most the Neighbours cast have bigger ambitions. As quiet as FTA TV may be for drama overall there seems to be a lot being filmed in Australia at the moment, much of it commissioned to air internationally. I’d imagine for the younger cast at least getting cast in one of those would be where their ambitions might lie in order to take a step up.

1 Like

While it would be good for the actors to see them with new roles and shows, many of them are so ingrained with their previous characters it would be hard for viewers to see them in a new role.

e.g. Ryan Moloney is Toadie, he’d have no other name now and to have a character that’s different. Jackie Woodburne is Susan Kennedy, a school teacher, it would be weird seeing her pop up as the next nurse or doctor or cop in H&A. Although, to see Karl Kennedy have a new alias and become the new ringleader of the River Boys or one of the bad guys would be good. He was definitely giving off the Alf Stewart vibes in the last few months since his alopecia diagnosis.

1 Like

Might come in as alf stewarts long lost twin brother

1 Like

I thought Ari robbed a bank , now bikies are involved? Maybe the writers forgot about the bank bit ?

Do you really need to dump on Neighbours?

1 Like

It’s their opinion.

Sad to hear that Johnny Ruffo’s cancer is terminal.

9 Likes

Geez he is only a year younger than me . Doesn’t seem fair for him to have it at such a young age :frowning:

2 Likes

Wednesday and Thursday at 7.30 I hope :crossed_fingers:

That’s one way to kill the show. If the writers can continue to improve the quality of storylines, amongst other things, ratings should go up. We have to look after Australian drama.

2 Likes

Well it’s already on most Thursday nights from 7-8.30….

But it’s most prominent slot is 7pm, 4 nights a week, and IMO should remain that way (with a double or triple on Thursdays).

1 Like

Many successful Aussie dramas used to air twice weekly at 7.30 or 8.30.