Home and Away

Isn’t the BBL on at this time? Are games being pushed back for a 7.30 start?

Yes, in the first week of the soap’s return there are two BBL matches (January 9 and 12) which starts at 7.15pm AEDT. In the second week there are three games (January 16, 17 and 19) starting at 7.15pm AEDT.

A new FAST channel Home and Away Classics launched on 7plus this week, allowing fans to relive the most iconic births, deaths, marriages and tragedies from Summer Bay in the last 35 years.

2 Likes

It’s been there since the finale aired on Monday.

2 Likes

The FAST channel is good, but I wish you could watch these episodes episode on demand

You can… just go to Home and Away’s page.

1 Like

I wonder if they’re the same episodes we’re getting in the UK - C5 are releasing one per day from each year online.

Channel 5 have no say whatsoever on Channel 7’s programming. They do not contribute to the show’s production at all. It’s an interesting move having the show return so early. Most seasons run at 215-225 episodes a year, could they be going out to 230-245?

My bad…was blind, Thanks.

Maybe they will take a mid year break (on air) and have Big Brother on at 7pm perhaps or something else altogether for a 4 week period, its an interesting move and there has to be a reason why its returning so early

They’re clocking up a few extra episodes before it reverts to 2x1 hour eps a week at the beginning of official ratings. (I live in hope).

They’ll just knock them off the double and triple bills. It’s only beginning two weeks earlier than usual (it used to start midway through the Australian Open most years) so it’s only 8-10 episodes.

Can’t see them taking a mid-year break considering there is no Olympics - and that’s the time Neighbours returns so Seven will likely push it hard around then

It certainly won’t be a C5 request - they’re happy to take it off for seemingly longer and longer Christmas breaks and often a summer break too, though they didn’t this year with Neighbours ending. The show remains a couple of months behind too with no desire to catch up - can understand why with the way Seven schedule it same day wouldn’t be possible but they could get it down to a week behind you imagine.

1 Like

Seven will encore the last 4 episodes of Home and Away from midday ahead of the new season premiere at 7pm on Monday 9 January.

3 Likes

It’s a shame that the returns of characters like Karen and Bella are only because the characters associated with them are leaving . Ava is a new actress (not sure of the age maybe she will be 18 or even aged up to 21 ? ) otherwise she would still be at school and no school exists anymore.

Wonder how long before Mackenzie leaves ? She might become the "Irene " of Salt lol.

For some reason the actor playing Justin has been on a long time too.

John Palmer will be the new Alf in 10 years .

1 Like

Awesome first episode back tonight. You’ve got to hand it to the producers - they sure know how to ramp up the drama.

3 Likes

Can’t believe it’s 30 years already!

7 Likes

And this is Home and Away’s 36th year I think. I started my full time job out of uni the same year, and now I’m not too many years off retirement :rofl:

Wow I’m nearly as old as the show lol.

Isn’t 2023 Justin’s 7th year on the show ? The actor started in 2016 ?

1 Like

I know there’s always criticism of soaps, but both Home and Away and Neighbours have been a great starting point for people wanting to get into the industry. And to have both shows still on air after at least 35 years is absolutely fantastic.

4 Likes

Home and Away turns 35 today, 17 January.

3 Likes