Home and Away

Presumably it goes on a break during the Commonwealth Games.

But it says “Returns on July 4” which is tomorrow. And it hasn’t been off-air…

1 Like

Ok, that’s very odd then.

Article written in June… returns next month I assumed?

When has a currently running program and one that will run into the following month ever been promoted as “returning next month”?

5 Likes

I think the end of Home and Away is intimate. Seven will be looking at the landscape of the industry now that Neighbours is coming to an end. I see two options happening here.

If Home and Away continues to decline in ratings and demos, Seven will put the show onto 7Two and continue to promote the show airing there and on 7plus.

Option two is to continue the show for another two or so years, claim the title of ‘Australia’s Longest Running Drama’ and swiftly pull the axe - it’s the arrogant move the network would play, let’s be honest.

That’s my gut feeling about the shows future - 2/3 years left on air.

Seeing that Seven foot the bill for most of its production costs… I don’t think we’ll even see it move to 7two. It just want be profitable to screen on a secondary channel.

Seven are looking at further tax breaks to make this show work… but I think we are going to see the end soon. Hopefully we get another year or two.

1 Like

There was a report a few weeks ago that Home and Away adds $1 billion to the Australian economy. I’m not too concerned for now. Seven have given assurances at various points in time that they are committed to Home and Away.

1 Like

7 own home and away, 10 doesn’t own neighbours, that helps its case.

2 Likes

Lots of intimacy usually seen on H&A, but the word I think you’re looking for here is imminent.

6 Likes

Imminent intimacy? :laughing:

1 Like

I don’t want to see it end, well not yet anyway. Over the years both Neighbours and H&A have given many hundreds of people the opportunity to work in the industry, both on camera and off. If both shows end where will people get this opportunity? Yes, some may be picked up by some local 10 episode drama, but many may give up. Neighbours and H&A have been such a good stepping stone into the industry and I’d hate to lose this completely.

1 Like

I feel the same but the writers have been playing it safe with their plot lines for a long time. The writers need to do a better job of reflecting Australian society. I have said this numerous times they need to do better in regards to having same sex characters on the show. I have a feeling with this upcoming band storyline it might be happening. I hope it does but characters need to be permanent. None of this oh lets have a same sex female couple but lets have the couple leave after a few months. They have done that so many times ive lost count.
With the networks not investing much in Australian drama its the only place people can get their start in the space.

1 Like

It ain’t the same show it once was 12-18 years ago.

This show is like a home brand bad tasting soda pop these days. Absolutely horrendous, the cast and acting is terrible. Standards have really dropped here and the damn recycled storylines. I’m glad I stopped watching in 2015.

Seems to be skewing older . A few years ago we had characters like Coco and Raffy.

A star is born and hearts hang in the balance

Mid-season final week on Australia’s #1 drama

A star is born, a heart is broken, and a life is on the line on Australia’s #1 drama, Home and Away, as the must-see mid-season final week begins from 7.00pm Monday, 25 July on Channel 7 and 7plus.

After weeks of wreaking havoc in the Bay, bad boy Tex (Lucas Linehan) and his clan of bikies may have reached the end of the line, when Tane (Ethan Browne) and Rose (Kirsty Marillier) devise a plot to take down the dangerous criminals once and for all. But with the stakes higher than ever, the fallout will send shockwaves throughout the community.

Having been viciously extorted by Tex and the bikies, Tane finds himself embroiled in a criminal operation to launder money through his gym. With nowhere to run, and fearing for the safety of his loved ones, a desperate Tane is prepared to do whatever it takes to protect his family.

A humiliated Rose is left reeling after discovering the man she has been sharing her bed with is a bikie. Having uncovered Tex’s true identity, Rose wants only one thing: to put him behind bars. Honing her detective skills, Rose works out that Tane is somehow connected to Tex and his associates. When Tane comes clean to Rose about the bikies extorting him, the unlikely pair join forces.

Just how far is Tane willing to go to put an end to the bikies reign of terror?

Lovesick Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) is preparing for Jasmine’s (Sam Frost) return to Summer Bay. Time apart has led Cash to the realisation that he’s ready to take the next step with his long-time girlfriend and make the ultimate commitment. An anxious Cash pulls out all the stops to orchestrate the perfect proposal, but will it go according to plan? Or will his world come crashing down?

Having been crowned the new lead singer of Lyrik, Theo (Matt Evans) finds himself torn between his TAFE apprenticeship and chasing his dream. Determined to prove he can do both, Theo is gearing up for his first Salt gig as Lyrik’s frontman.

But when Lyrik’s newest member doesn’t show up for sound check, Kirby (Angelina Thomson), Eden (Stephanie Panozzo) and Remi (Adam Rowland) begin to worry. Have they hedged their bets on the wrong person to front the band? In his moment to shine, will Theo sink? Or swim?

1 Like

Mia and Chloe didn’t last long as characters once Ari left …

This was last night

O and alf and irene will be there too just not in any important capacity as per usual

So Juliet Godwin also from WA and also was on The Heights just like the actress who played Chloe . Just a coincidence? I guess…

1 Like

A friend will fall

Home and Away’s explosive mid-season return

It’s the shot that will be heard around the world.

Lives are on the line when a sting operation goes horribly wrong in Home and Away’s explosive mid-season return from 7.00pm Monday, 8 August on Channel 7 and 7plus.

In a dramatic mid-season cliff-hanger, Tane (Ethan Browne) was last seen at the bikie headquarters playing a dangerous game. Teaming up with local cop Rose (Kirsty Marillier), Tane has agreed to go undercover to expose the bikies’ intent to launder money through the Summer Bay gym.

When Australia’s #1 drama returns after The Commonwealth Games, the police sting operation is in full swing. Tane is behind enemy lines attempting to get the recorded confession, putting it all on the line to not rouse suspicions of a double-cross.

Rose and Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) are staked out in a police van, listening intently and ready to pounce on the callous criminals, when a problem arises: Tane’s nephew Nikau (Kawakawa Fox-Reo) has arrived unannounced at the bikie headquarters looking for him. Unaware of Tane’s alliance with the police, could Nikau’s arrival derail the entire sting operation?

With another life on the line, Rose and Cash are on tenterhooks when they finally get the admission of guilt they need, and spring into action. But as the police task force storm the bikie headquarters, chaos ensues, and all hell breaks loose.

Lines will be crossed. Shots will be fired. Lives will be changed forever.

Home and Away ’s action-packed mid-season return week starts Monday 8 August, on Channel 7 and 7plus.

1 Like