Home and Away

True, but I am certain the $$$ helps towards offsetting production costs of Seven Studios rather than going to a third party production company.

Doesn’t Seven make some money from Home and Away selling it to other countries like New Zealand ? Not sure of other places other than the UK and NZ .

It does… but not enough to keep it profitable. Home & Away’s life span is set on Australian audience numbers. Once these numbers keep decreasing and they lose the younger demographic… unfortunately its gone.

People have been saying Home and Away will be gone in X years for the past 20+ years. Just as some people here have been saying Seven will move it to 7two or move from 7:00pm because everyone supposedly needs another 30 minutes of news.

It is still incredibly popular and regularly beats most other non-news shows on FTA TV.

I don’t think we are anywhere near the end of Home and Away yet. Nor do I see it moving from the main channel or from 7:00pm. Not anytime soon anyway.

3 Likes

It’s now constantly third in it’s time slot and rating in the 300,000 - 500,000 nightly. I think there would be a little concern at Seven.

3 Likes

New arrivals set to rock the Bay

A blast from the past on Australia’s #1 drama

It’s music to Felicity’s (Jacqui Purvis) ears when four of her nearest and dearest friends turn up at her doorstep tonight on Australia’s #1 drama, Home and Away, from 7.00pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Bandmates Bob (Rob Mallett), Eden (Stephanie Panozzo), Remi (Adam Rowland) and Kirby (Angelina Thomson) – otherwise known as ‘Lyrik’ – arrive in Summer Bay with a bang, surprising an unsuspecting Felicity and Tane (Ethan Browne) with a kerbside concert outside the Parata house.

While Felicity is over the moon to be reunited with her city-slicker mates, a confused Tane is not sure what to make of the grand entrance, let alone the traveling musicians taking over his house.

While they may all sing the same tune, it quickly becomes apparent that harmony within the band is wearing thin, and the cracks in Lyrik’s friendly front begin to show.

Keyboardist and soulful songwriter, Kirby, is in a rocky relationship with Bob, the band’s head-strong lead singer. Bob has big plans for the band and doesn’t think the sleepy seaside community of Summer Bay is deserving of their music. Eden and Remi are the best of friends but make a sport of teasing each other. Eden is Lyrik’s bass player and proud wild-child, while Remi takes his place as Lyrik’s loveable larrikin and groovy guitarist.

Next week, in an attempt to relaunch Salt, newly united business partners Felicity and Mackenzie (Emily Weir) plan for the bar’s first ever live band night headlined by Lyrik.

But as the band prepares to take Summer Bay by storm, it becomes clear that not everyone is as thrilled with Lyrik’s arrival, including a startled Cash (Nicholas Cartwright) who is gob-smacked to see a face from his past. Does the Bay’s resident cop share a secret connection with one of Lyrik’s members?

Tune in to see how Lyrik settle in to life in the Bay as they hit the high notes and ruffle a few feathers along the way.

1 Like

Sounds like the sort of thing Neighbours was doing 10-15 years ago.

1 Like

At least they got real bands :rofl:

1 Like

??? Neighbours has many real bands and singers performing at The Waterhole over the years and ones that people actually know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hanson. And despite all the negativity about this band they were actually pretty good.

and The Veronicas, The Wombats, Human Nature, The Wiggles and lots of other Aussie artists have performed.

1 Like

That’s why I said at least they had real bands.

I still remember when The Wiggles turned up at the wrong house on Neighbours.

My bad. I misread that. I thought you were suggesting this one was the only real one. :laughing:

Amazon has all the early seasons of H&A, I watched the full pilot 90min TV-movie the other day (just had dental surgery is my excuse). How far its deviated from the original format.

4 Likes

Not in Australia though?

No idea, I’m not in Australia.

Not in Australia, just checked.

The above article from Seven News mentions numerous times throughout it “when Home and Away returns”.

Returns? From where? It didn’t go anywhere. Very odd language.

3 Likes

It went on a trip to Erinsborough. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like