Home and Away

Sounds awfully familiar

1 Like

It’s the 18th. Updated promo for the new season premiere (with the endboard “starts next Monday week”) aired this evening during My Kitchen Rules.

1 Like

Wonder if it premieres as a double episode?

No. There’s no room in the schedule with My Kitchen Rules and Instant Hotel having bloated, supersized episodes.

3 Likes

What about Thursdays , those would be doubles ? Or not until later in the year?

Probably triples.

1 Like

Home and Away has had an incredibly long break.

Can’t they follow Neighbours and air it all year around ?

I was just thinking about the shows long break and realised we are actually having a similar schedule in terms of weeks aired compared to last year.

Yes, it’s starting later but last April we had a 2 week break for the Commonwealth Games.

So all up it really isn’t that bad.

What happens if it launches and the ratings are like 550,000 or 450,000 and it stays like that ?

1 Like

That would be disastrous for Seven and House Rules could be moved to 7pm or MKR could be moved back to 7 with Home and Away pushed to 7TWO.

1 Like

After last night’s ratings bombed Seven should move the show permanently to 7TWO and have reality (or whatever airs at 7:30) at the 7pm slot. H&A’s bad ratings is killing its lead-out shows and is not doing Seven any favours in the long term.

Either that, or cut the news by 30 minutes and have H&A on the main channel at 6:30 as an alternative.

2 Likes

Moving it to a multichannel would drop the numbers down even lower though. Home and Away would get what 250,000 on 7mate?

I wouldn’t say 620k is a bomb at all in total people, it’s just that the demos are low. I think if Seven committed to Monday-Friday again it would be a big help. Moving Better Homes to 7:30-9pm would also help their Friday shares later in the night so it seems like a win-win to me.

4 Likes

It’s funny how people are saying H&A should be moved to 7two yet they are also saying Neighbours should be moved back to 10? :thinking:

3 Likes

It is not about Home and Away anymore. It is about finding a show that can competively compete in the 7pm slot for Seven. Nine’s ACA pulled 800k+ last night.

5 Likes

Sometimes it is a case of better the devil you know. Hence why Seven won’t and shouldn’t rush a decision on this.

1 Like

Because apparently Home and Away is trash and Neighbours is great.

A lot has said that Home and Away has declined in recent years in terms of quality, while Neighbours is working its way back up.

Haven’t watched either show in ages so can’t personally see the difference, other than that they’re both long-running soap dramas which do well in UK and other countries, less so here.

3 Likes

Because Neighbours has more fans in this forum than Home and Away. :slight_smile:

I see they are showing three episodes back to back on Thursday, which IMO is not the way to treat a show that is produced as 30-minute episodes. I assume we can expect more of this if their intention is to “catch up” due to the late start this season.

1 Like