Home and Away

New promo aired during Sunrise this morning.

Screened during Modern Family last night.

2 Likes

Promo from last night

https://youtu.be/0zjtOIOUfx4

mp4_000008760mp4_000040840mp4_000046280mp4_000056400

3 Likes

Don’t know why Seven keeps persisting with the “Come home to the bay” tagline. Judging by the ratings, it’s clearly not effective/resonating…

I think viewers are not impressed with multiple episodes on some nights plus the amount of violent storylines during the year, which contradicts with the friendly atmosphere shown by the “come home to the bay” tagline.

1 Like

And the number of new characters introduced is absolutely appalling. Why can’t they have the usual suspects in the Bay and less of the new families?

They only introduced 2 new regulars this year.

Colby
Dean

Previous years have had up to 8 so I think this year was pretty good.

1 Like

Yeah 3 eps on a Thursday is a joke. They need to cut it down to just 30min eps M-Thu

2 Likes

More humour would be greatly appreciated. Is there an older comedian/actor who might want to join the cast long term? Some of that sort of stuff contrasts the teen drama quite well I think.

But yes episode overload is killing the show.

According to a Seven press release on the entire 2018 season streamed on 7plus, 228 episode aired in Australia during the year. At 5 episodes per week that equated to 45.6 weeks. Given the soap was off air during most of January for the tennis and in early April for the Commonwealth Games, then was interrupted in June and July for Thursday night AFL, I think Seven was forced to air multiple episodes on Thursday nights for nearly six months, to air its quota and stay head of UK.

H&A and Neighbours have usually done 230 eps and 46 weeks. I wonder why the count comes up a couple of episodes short. They should just run it Fridays when the footy is not on.

In the past couple of years Neighbours was only taking four weeks off and now from this year, they are running year round.

1 Like

That’s the main reason I stopped watching this year. I lost track of the newbies and got so tired of these families and younger casts dominating the show.

That is the other reason I stopped watching. If I missed a night of the week it was usually Thursday, and that often means missing 2-3 episodes. Ridiculous.

That’s what Home and Away should do. Run all year round like Neighbours, which I think is gaining strength on the multichannels and is loved (while H&A is despised for many reasons mentioned in this thread).

i’d say its simply because on 7 Plus instead of the finale being three separate episodes its just one.

The 90 minute block is ridiculous. The show is built as a 30 minute show and not paced for 90 minutes meaning viewers will get fatigued after a couple of eps. Surely they could go Sun-Thurs?

Also the show isn’t what it was 7-8 years ago (and more). The younger audience has dropped away due to social media, streaming etc as well as the teen magazine market which featured those shows heavily fading.

1 Like

Not a bad idea but Seven might not risk it woth s show flagging in the ratings.

1 Like

Fair call. But it could be one way to revive it…consistent scheduling, uninterrupted by footy or triple headers.

2 Likes

I don’t watch either. But just to note that Home & Away gets around three to four times the audience that Neighbours has, doesn’t it?

Main channel vs multichannel

1 Like

Is there a return date set yet?