Home and Away

Its only finished two days ago. We don’t normally get a return date until mid January.

1 Like

After the tennis. Oh, wait. No.

6 Likes

Can’t get ep 225 to play on the Telstra TV 1 , comes up with a connection error problem all other episodes play.

Have tried turning off and on again, deleting and reinstalling the app but no luck.

Says

Connection Issue:

There was a problem connecting to 7plus. Please check your internet connection and try again.

And yet the UK take a break of at least 6 or 7 weeks between November and January. I had heard the reason for this to ensure they stay behind Australia, so both countries it seems are inconvenienced by Seven’s inconsistent scheduling. At least in the UK it has a regular time slot and viewers know when to tune in!

1 Like

They should have H&A on Fridays regularly as well. Put it on 7Two in the AFL states during the AFL if needed.

3 Likes

Are Seven promoting Home and Away? I can’t say I’ve seen anything at all (apart from “promo” of the cast signing the theme song they don’t even use anymore, so random).

Not even a return date announced?

They better get cracking or it’ll be another year of A Current Affair beating them.

No idea… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I think Home and Away will return on January 28 or 29, depending on when the day/night test between Australia and Sri Lanka finishes.

I’m not sure they care. They haven’t bothered to even post a tweet from the shows account (which has almost 87,000 followers) since October 2018 so that’s an indication of the promotional problems plaguing the show

Or a sign that the show is gradually on its way out. Sad really, considering that Neighbours is picking up steam on 10 Peach and here we have Home and Away looking like it’s about to be booted. Double/triple episodes and that wretched Channel 5 deal is what will kill the show.

That “wretched Channel 5 deal” is what is keeping the show on air.

1 Like

Isn’t there usually an expectation that it is important that locally produced dramas are supposed to do well locally? Look at how bad Home and Away is these days. Beaten by ACA, ABC News and The Project (in demos). I wouldn’t call that successful.

Nobody is disagreeing with you but it isn’t a problem for Seven…yet. But the point is, overseas sales are keeping it on air for now. Seven also neds local content and local drama points.

1 Like

Interesting development if true.

1 Like

7 should move Home and Away to one of their Seconday Channels like 7Two, 7Mate or 7Flix and air it at 6pm Monday-Fridays instead of holding it back in favour of MKR. Its due to move of 7 to one of their secondary channels anyway

They won’t hold it back too long as the UK will catch up. Unless they don’t care?

Explains the severe lack of promotion for the show. They probably don’t know what they’ll do with it.

I believe the UK is 7 weeks behind. So if MKR does the instant restaurant rounds at 7 before moving, they should still be 3-4 weeks behind.

Neighbours has been airing on 11/10 Peach since 2011. Seven should air move Home and Away to one of their seconday channels which will allow MKR and House rules to start at 7pm rather than 7:30pm

The problem is that the 7pm timeslot would be inconsistent. Those big shows most often do not air Thursday’s. What would you air Thursday at 7pm? And then another different show with Better Homes and Gardens airs Friday’s. That’s 3 different shows over 5 days. I don’t think Seven would want that.

1 Like

They need a timeslot for Instant Hotel too. Seems like Seven might test the waters for a Home and Away replacement.

Truth is, the network has been suffering a big drop between news and shows at 7.30pm.

Home and Away Thursdays and fridays 7-8pm? Is that too radical? It’s on for 90 mins most Thursdays now anyway…