Home and Away

I remember the episode about 10 or 11 years ago when Dan (Leah’s husband) died and in a powerful scene Morag had to continue answering the phone call for her and supported Leah.

Of the many YouTube videos about or involving Morag, her best, most ‘heated’ storylines seem to have revolved around the mid-late 2000s.

Charlie Buxton (played by Esther Anderson), one of the most popular of recent times, had her debut scene back a decade ago involving Morag, here:

2 Likes

Channel 5 in the UK showed a picture of Cornelia at the end of the show tonight to mark the sad news today.

5 Likes

Very sad to hear she passed away. Loved watching her in the old 7two Home and Away repeats and recording Sons & Daughters to binge watch.

Would have really loved to have seen her make an appearance this year to mark the anniversary and keep her spirits up.

3 Likes

Everytime that Morag came back on Home and Away the show became such compelling viewing again. She was my absolute fave character.

Very sad to hear of her passing. May she rest in peace.

5 Likes

Morag’s spats with Colleen is also what I remember, Alf having to get involved. Especially 10 or 11 years ago when it came out that Colleen was related to them.

Morag’s eye roll and groan :joy: Hilarious.

And Morag’s dialogue to Colleen “what are you on about woman!?”

3 Likes

I wonder what Seven will do in Adelaide with Home and Away. Each week there is Thursday AFL, South Australia falls another episode behind. Last year there was one Thursday when Adelaide had a 2 hour H and A block when there was no AFL one Thursday. What’s the AFL schedule for Thursdays this year?

1 Like

This year’s Thursday night AFL schedule is:
Last night: Port Adelaide defeated Western Bulldogs
Next week: West Coast v Essendon
June 28: Richmond v Sydney
July 5: Sydney v Geelong
July 12 (State of Origin game 3 week): Adelaide v Geelong

I think Seven will have to show triple episodes in South Australia in successive weeks in July and August to catch up with other states.

1 Like

Just on the above, Melbourne has the same issue this week (tonight starting at 7pm, due to 7:20pm eastern time first bounce)

If Seven edited out the long stares it would probably chop out ten minutes.

2 Likes

Then it wouldn’t be a soap. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

You have obviously never watched The Bold and the Beautiful… now that’s a show that has really long stares. :heart_eyes:

10 Likes

I wish I had a dollar for every time someone on H&A got up and walked out on someone, leaving behind an untouched meal or drink. If this was a drinking game you’d be drunk by the end of most episodes.

4 Likes

Endless Summer – 30 Years of Home and Away

Tuesday 17 July at 7.30pm.

For 30 years, Home and Away has delighted audiences both at home and around the world becoming one of the most awarded dramas in television history.

Now the program’s most popular stars have come together for this milestone anniversary celebration presented by Channel Seven.

ENDLESS SUMMER – 30 YEARS OF HOME AND AWAY will feature its biggest and favourite stars reminiscing about their time on the hit drama and revealing secrets never heard before.

Melissa George, Dannii Minogue, Kate Ritchie, Steve Peacocke, Bec Hewitt, Nicolle Dickson, Alex Papps, Dieter Brummer and many more share for the first time the on and off-screen dramas, romances, feuds and laughs.

There will be a surprise reunion, some astonishing revelations and more than a few tears.

During its record breaking 30 years, the ratings juggernaut has been a platform for more than 8000 actors and extras launching the careers of many international stars including Chris Hemsworth, Isla Fisher, Ryan Kwanten, Samara Weaving, Isabel Lucas and Julian McMahon not to mention Heath Ledger, Naomi Watts, Simon Baker and Guy Pearce who also made appearances.

Home and Away is cherished by audiences around the world, sold across more than 140 countries.

This special 30th anniversary presentation hosted by Sunday Night’s Steve Pennells will premiere on Channel Seven on Tuesday July 17 at 7.30pm.

mp4_000000800mp4_000002080mp4_000002280mp4_000003240mp4_000006640mp4_000010520mp4_000014840mp4_000022520mp4_000032440mp4_000038160

6 Likes

Video

2 Likes

According to Home and Away fansite Back to the Bay, Endless Summer will also be shown tomorrow (Tuesday) on Channel Five’s digital channel 5Star in Britain at 7pm local time.

1 Like

Shocked Dannii Minogue is looking to go back to the bay.

This just seems like something an actor will say to generate publicity for their new show. This is based on a TV Week non-story because they’re obsessed with Home and Away.

1 Like

I thought it could be a calculated career move from Minogue, to increase visibility among younger audiences who may not know her.

Yeah I agree with this. It’s just a story to give her attention as she returns to TV on something else.

I occasionally see Danni Minogue in my local area. I’ve seen her at the local swimming pool taking her kids to swimming lessons and just the weekend before last I saw her outside my local Coles.