Home and Away

When it comes back in February, how can they air it without double episodes/triple episodes ?

It just means they will be three weeks closer to episodes in the UK (5 weeks instead of 8). They will just have to make sure they keep showing double/triple episodes later in the year to stay ahead.

Seven can show double/triple episodes in the first week of Easter non-ratings (week commencing April 14) if it wants to.

2 Likes

Or another way is to run the show year round like Neighbours (move to 7TWO during Cricket season).

1 Like

Neighbours use to have an encore screening of all that weeks episodes on Sunday afternoon. It was great for me because I wasn’t able to watch it during the week and it brought me back to the show for the first time in many, many years. Perhaps that’s what Ch7 should do, rather than expecting viewers to sit through three episodes on a Thursday night when you’re tired after work.

Seven used to have Home And Away re-run / catch-ups on the weekends on 7Two

That’s right, I’d forgotten about them. Perhaps while they’re doing the triple episodes they should have these catch ups too. I assume they would be cheaper to screen than the old repeats they’re showing now.

They stopped doing the Sunday morning catch-up about 18 months/2 years ago. Don’t know why, previously it was only occasionally cancelled for Sport.

New promo began to air from last night, including snippets from last year’s season finale and this year’s season premiere. It confirms it will start in February “after the cricket”.

It’s either the 11th or the 18th for H & A

Sounds awfully familiar

1 Like

It’s the 18th. Updated promo for the new season premiere (with the endboard “starts next Monday week”) aired this evening during My Kitchen Rules.

1 Like

Wonder if it premieres as a double episode?

No. There’s no room in the schedule with My Kitchen Rules and Instant Hotel having bloated, supersized episodes.

3 Likes

What about Thursdays , those would be doubles ? Or not until later in the year?

Probably triples.

1 Like

Home and Away has had an incredibly long break.

Can’t they follow Neighbours and air it all year around ?

I was just thinking about the shows long break and realised we are actually having a similar schedule in terms of weeks aired compared to last year.

Yes, it’s starting later but last April we had a 2 week break for the Commonwealth Games.

So all up it really isn’t that bad.

What happens if it launches and the ratings are like 550,000 or 450,000 and it stays like that ?

1 Like