Holey Moley

What a shit promo! The idea is there, but it’s clear that after the first few they gave up trying to get footage that worked!

1 Like

Oh god. Why include all the shows in that promo?

2 Likes

Seems like Seven is pushing this show more than others.

They need this one to fire so it’s a good move.

1 Like

It’s a similar promo to one they did for the Australian Open in 2013:

3 Likes

This is the way they always promoted the launch of the new year “After the Tennis”. It worked wonders for over a decade.

1 Like

Full promo

2 Likes

The iconic rainbow Seven on their jackets :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

That promo just feels so, so dated.
Like mid-2000s.

3 Likes

It does have that old daggy feel to it but perhaps that’s their intention. It’s going for the ‘family friendly’ feel rather than the electrifying and energetic feel of Ninja.

It would be nicer if they had less footage from the show in there and included some custom made promos.

The logos suggest 1975.

Oh I meant the promo (with Seven personalities/shows) rather than the adbuyer sizzle reel.

I really liked the promo they played during the AFL it has definitely sucked me in.

3 Likes

Just out of curiosity are 7 about to bring the colour 7 logo back in 2021​:thinking::thinking:

That would be an awful throwback.

Promo

5 Likes

They’re just trying to emulate the American version of the show in which the hosts wear similar baby poo yellow, vintage ABC America blazers that are supposed to evoke the style and era of sports commentators Howard Cossell and Jim McKay.

If Seven really wanted an authentic Australian flavour they should’ve harked back to their own history and unearthed those red blazers the likes of Gary Wilkinson, Sandy Roberts and Peter Landy used to wear with the retro “7 Sport logo”.
Screen Shot 2020-10-24 at 9.49.53 PM

9 Likes

And now an apology.

https://twitter.com/rob_mcknight/status/1323567972619743232?s=21

This part could have easily been left out, seems in poor taste in line with an apology.

Each month this website is visited by almost 400,000 unique users with over one million page views. The growth we have experienced in a relatively short time is due to us being seen as a reliable source of information, especially within the TV industry.

3 Likes

Well it’s good he apologised as he was so strong about his views on Denise on the podcast.

I don’t agree. He is only posting context on how many people read his site and how this sort of information can be quite damaging with the sites reach.

What did he say about her?