Holey Moley

Trying to be Christmassy next to the red 7

I don’t think so, and if it was it’s totally the wrong green. It’s the network trying to skew younger with their content and thinking it makes them look edgier after years of appealing to those in nursing homes.

1 Like

So basically it’s a mix between Wipeout, Ninja Warrior and mini golf?

No it’s Holey Moley…

1 Like

I notice Agro and former Australian Idol judge Ian “Dicko” Dickson were involved in the show, Dicko dressing up as Captain Hook.

2 Likes

The Distractor

Holey Moley’s ultimate mind game

Holey Moley is a whimsical land where sport and comedy collide as competitors battle for supremacy on insane, supersized mini golf holes, including The Distractor, the ultimate test of mind over matter.

Focus is the name of the game on The Distractor. One at a time, golfers will attempt a 12-foot putt while a rotating wall reveals a spectacular distraction designed to topple their putting game.

A troupe of carnival dancers, 1980s icon Joe Dolce singing Shaddap You Face, a trash-talking Agro and many more will take to the Holey Moley course with one clear mission – pure distraction.

Will competitors maintain their laser-sharp focus or will they be distracted by The Distractor?

What’s behind the wall? It could be anything or anyone. “I’d be disappointed if it wasn’t Beyoncé,” quips Holey Moley commentator Rob Riggle.

Holey Moley stars Greg Norman, Sonia Kruger, Rob Riggle and Matt Shirvington.

Do we know when it premieres yet or what night it is airing?

Most likely Monday 01st February 7:30pm will be premiere date.

1 Like

Up against The Amazing Race Australia launch? Are we expecting over a few nights: Sun-Tue?

Well it’s safe to rule out Sunday 31st January as a Big Bash final will be airing on Seven that night, so I think Monday 01st Feburary is most likely.

I reckon they should take a gamble and plan to premiere Big Brother on Monday 22nd February, which is when MAFS will supposedly premiere.

Therefore, this is how I think they should air the 16 episodes of Holey Moley

• Mon 01 Feb: E01
  • Tue 02 Feb: E02
  • Wed 03 Feb: E03
  • Thu 04 Feb: E04
  • Sun 07 Feb: E05 & E06 (back-to-back)
  • Mon 08 Feb: E07
  • Tue 09 Feb: E08
  • Wed 10 Feb - E09
  • Sun 14 Feb - E10 & E11 (back-to-back)
  • Mon 15 Feb - E12
  • Tue 16 Feb - E13
  • Wed 17 Feb - E14
  • Sun 21 Feb - E15 & E16 (back-to-back)

Even though the season final of Holey Moley will probably be thrashed by the Men’s Final of the Australian Open, finishing the season on that date allows Seven to premiere Big Brother on Monday 22nd February.

1 Like

I think they need to steer clear of the idea of airing episodes back to back. It’s going to cause viewer fatigue and less viewers as the night goes on. It’s one of their biggest shows this year so they might as well play out each episode on one night each and stretch it for as long as they can, particularly if it is a ratings winner.

3 Likes

I imagine the programming for this show can change at any minute depending on how it rates.

Do we know how long one episode runs for? Sunday night double episodes might not be entirely impossible if the first one goes from say 7:00pm-8:15pm, and the second one is 8:15pm-9:30pm.

1 Like

I read somewhere a while back on this thread (or it might’ve been different thread, can’t remember) that there are 16 episodes expected.

I agree they should try launching Big Brother at similar timing to MAFS as it’s worth a shot to try a new season of something different against MAFS. I would rather see Big Brother and Holy Moley back to back though if needed by that point rather than double episodes of Holey Moley. Or otherwise theres no reason that they can’t run Big Brother a couple of nights and and Holey Moley a couple of nights concurrently towards the end of the season and then put Big Brother on more nights once Holey finishes.

1 Like

Epic mini golf series Holey Moley tees off 7.30pm Monday, 1 February

The Seven Network today announced extreme mini golf series Holey Moley will premiere 7.30pm Monday, 1 February.

A smash hit on America’s ABC Network, Seven’s epic new family entertainment show is on course for a hole in one, with some of the country’s top golfing talent stepping onto the astroturf to take on the diabolical Holey Moley obstacles.

Golfers battling it out for glory on the championship course include: Montana Strauss (23), Australia’s number one female golfer four years running; James Carr (35), aka “The Dancing Cowboy”, who played Tiger Woods in the Australian Masters; Colette Norton (45), Australia’s #1 women’s mini golf player; pro golfer and amateur golfing champion, Becky Kay (21); and Henry Epstein (42), Guinness World Record holder for ball control.

In the first round of each episode, eight players compete in a series of head-to-head matchups. Only the four winners go through to the second round to battle it out.

Those who are victorious head straight to the final hole. The remaining two compete in the Distractor Duel for the last spot in the final three-way battle.

The ultimate winner of each episode takes home the prestigious plaid jacket, the golden putter and books a spot in the Grand Final, where they will compete for the chance to win $100,000 on the daunting last hole, the Tomb of Nefer-Tee-Tee.

It all comes down to one putt! Who will tame the wildest beast of all - the Holey Moley course?

3 Likes

Was afraid this would happen - the US version of Holey Moley works really well as a fast-paced 1 hour program. 90 minutes is just too long for this type of program

3 Likes

Our networks still seem to have difficulties understanding that less is more. Masked Singer works perfectly well as a 60 (really 70) minute show. I’m sure this will too yet they like stretching it to the point it will potentially drive fatigue.

12 Likes

do we know how many nights a week this is?

2 Likes

I reckon they should do Holey Moley three nights a week (Mon, Tue, Wed), and use Sunday’s to show the 7NEWS Spotlight: Ivan Milat specials.

2 Likes