HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Jennifer Keyte and Sandra Sully both flying over.

5 Likes

I see ABC and 9 have thrown away the black attire. 7 and 10 continue on. Is this more a choice by 7 & 10 to continue as a mark of respect, or have ABC & 9 broken protocol?

1 Like

I actually haven’t seen anything written about how long presenters should remain in black attire. Would be interesting to find out what the protocol is. I assumed they’d be in black until after the funeral at least…

Yeah that was my understanding also.

This is a win, no matter what the circumstances!

4 Likes

Sunday night ratings:

We don’t have exact ratings for all segments with the coding of shows not accurate but it’s easy to conclude:

Worth noting that W Sunrise was down 30k week-on-week.

1 Like

Sky News UK from YouTube stream

1 Like

Cost or no more space. Wouldn’t be surprised if access ran into the realm of $100k a day.

If you aren’t outside Buckingham what is the point of being there?

So Seven and Nine have marquees… does 10?

Angela Bishop has done a few crosses.

I think there would be a mix of permanent marquees (7, 9, US and UK Broadcasters etc), plus some that you could book for one or two crosses. 10 likely doing the second option.

ABC have done crosses from Canada Gate across from Buckingham Palace but perhaps once again just a smaller booking rather than a long term hosting position.

We’ve just had two and a half years of politicians fronting the media frequently later then expected - is this really a big thing?

The Australian clutching at straws to have a gripe at the ABC and/or Labor, no doubt. If the article is from Ms Elsworth, I’m surprised she hasn’t tried to blame it on Daniel Andrews.

4 Likes

This may be a bit irrelevant but did anyone notice when King Charles was doing the walk around the crowd outside Buckingham Palace, the day after the Queen had died? Towards the end, there was a media outlet (unknown) in the crowd on the barrier with a camera and microphone trying to interview the King.

1 Like

I think so… as it was being broadcast live on every channel around the world. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I have a feeling that this week Nine/Seven will send up all main anchors to London. Ten already have with the exclusion of Narelda Jacobs.

Yeah I noticed that. There were a few paps in the crowd too. I remember the security detail telling people “phones down please, enjoy the moment” and everyone surprisingly complied, until the King passed them then it was out with the phones and cameras.

You have to remember that not all monarchs have been so open and interactive with the public. Queen Elizabeth changed this and it’s good to see the King continuing with it.

6 Likes

CNN international this afternoon Perth time

1 Like

Looks like Norwegian station VG TV - security gently pushed the mic away.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Yes. Check out Sandra Sully and/or Jennifer Keyte’s Instagram.

1 Like