HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- Funeral Coverage

CBS News live stream has American news coverage with the procession relegated to a small screen

2 Likes

A little unfortunate they could have made the smaller screen a little larger.

Seven have handed over to ITV’s coverage for the rest of the night.

1 Like

Shots shows the large number of TV camera platforms along the route.

3 Likes

I was switching between Ch 7, 9 and 10 Bold and while they were all using the same feed, I found the picture on Bold sharper than the other two.

1 Like

To be expected, though. And even if Ten did put the funeral coverage on the main channel, it likely would not do any better.

3 Likes

SBS World watch is currently showing Deutsche Welle (English) News overnight 1:25 am-5:00 am and guess what it’s the Queens Funeral.

2 Likes

9 done with their coverage, going to sky news uk until today tomorrow morning

1 Like

Why wouldn’t they just stay with BBC? :unamused:

I feel so upset and emotional with this.

I fell as asleep and just woke up… missing the entire committal service and the backend of the funeral. Will there be any replays available for both?

2 Likes

Given this was such a big event it would be very likely you would see a reply somewhere.

1 Like

Somewhat foolish considering the procession is very much the public spectacle of the event. Only the self important would feel they need to be invision during such proceedings. Looking at the US schedules earlier though CBS seemed to be going with a shorter broadcaster - not sure they were covering the Windsor events as well.

Overall though an historic day and a fantastic day for British broadcasting. It really shouldn’t be underestimated how big an operation this was. When you see reports of the 1953 Coronation pretty much requiring every TV camera in the country to cover it you think that is something from a bygone age, but it wasn’t too different for this in terms of the requirement for outside broadcast facilities. 213 HD cameras were involved. The BBC were faultless, as I’m sure were ITV and Sky, and yet again they came together to do an event of this scale justice. That’s what true public service broadcasting is.

6 Likes

Fantastic coverage from BBC throughout the last ten days

7 Likes

Elizabeth was Queen of the Commonwealth, that’s why.

1 Like

For me I mainly watched Seven, and Sky News Regional of the coverage.

When it was not on Seven, Sky News was providing rolling coverage.

Yesterday the day of the funeral, when Seven broke away from the coverage for the 6pm news I flicked over to Sky News Regional who were taking Sky News B rolling coverage of the VIP’s arriving at the Abbey.

All the coverage was excellent and respectful.
I allowed my young kids to stay up and watch it, and be a part of history.

5 Likes

It went beyond that - obviously the Americans who love talking about Independence but don’t understand irony love the royals too, so all their networks are in London. It’s had widespread coverage across Europe too - most PSBs at least had live coverage today.

2 Likes

Here is 7 hours in 3 minutes:

2 Likes

Seven handed over to ITV around 12:30 am, continuing until the credits rolled at 3am. Then they switched to Sky which was basically a highlights package. They lost that signal around 4:35am - with a test pattern running for 4 minutes until a switch to CNN. That continued until Sunrise.

Sunrise was in the UK until the first local break at 5:43am where standard orange supers were used. However, a couple of breaks later they had switched to using gold for all their supers except for breaking news out of Mexico.

4 Likes

Great job by all the networks… massive event!

11 Likes

Snap poll being done by 3AW. A lot of people saying they watched via Seven and Sky.