HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- Funeral Coverage

CBS News Youtube’s multistream of its streaming network’s mid-morning rolling newscasts for Monday includes the hearse travelling to Windsor (VOD is immediately deleted after the multistream). This is like the only time this YT channel will stream for the funeral day, since they didn’t do so during the state funeral.

Tim McMillan and Susannah Carr are presenting at Windor.

5 Likes

Musher was carrying the Seven coverage. Nat and Kochie sounded disinterested and like they were phoning it in during their segments.

5 Likes

A few linear channels from the Philippines are dedicating time for the state funeral day:

*PTV, our state-run broadcaster, simulcast GB News’ coverage
*CNN Philippines, the Nine Media-owned news channel locally licensing the CNN brand, hooks up with CNN International, but was cut short for a late news bulletin. Not sure if they’ll return to the hookup after midnight AEST.
*The ABS-CBN News Channel, which is subscription-based, began rolling coverage at 10pm (AEST) with local presenters at times, but may cut short due to a late night bulletin.

3 Likes

Just stumbled across this moment on Twitter…

Thanks for the laugh. :rofl:

18 Likes

Then some BBC

3 Likes

Oh please. Of course they cut off the bit right afterward where they said they were looking directly from their vantage point and didn’t have access to the footage we saw on screen.

3 Likes

Honestly, that’s a mute point. I’d forgotten she had become PM, and that’s coming from a Brit! The only major policy that she had announced so far was largely ignored after it was announced that the Queen was unwell. Since then, all focus has been on the Royals. A lot of people will only just have been remembering her existence.

2 Likes

It’s only Fetch, but oh dear

6 Likes

I suspect i’d be the same after minimal sleep.

3 Likes

I think they should’ve had Musher and Ange host the coverage in London. They’re both made for extensive rolling coverage.

5 Likes

10’s YouTube broadcast of the funeral drew in 20k over the 3 hours.

4 Likes

Seems Nine have handed over to the BBC coverage again

1 Like

Usher just farewelled Nat and Kochie and said they’d be back in a couple of hours for Sunrise. Incredible.

2 Likes

9news & ACA’s Pete and Tracy are making headlines on social media

Nat and Kochie have been doing crazy hours, they can’t be getting much sleep at the moment.

Eddy also was reporting live in London on Friday and then spent the weekend flying back to Sydney and was reading the news in Brekky Central this morning!

4 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to be honest. From their vantage point they couldn’t see who it was… then they were informed.

4 Likes

Same goes for Ally and Karl. They had hardly any sleep.

3 Likes

It’s funny reading the comments from Brits saying most of them don’t recognise her as their PM either :laughing:

Also on the comments Brits seem really surprised that an Australian TV channel flew their presenters all the way over to London to commentate the funeral!

3 Likes

Nine has made it into the viral trends in a blooper way

2 Likes