Hit Network

Hold your horses. Sure it improved a little but it’s still 7th and miles away from the competition.

2 Likes

To be fair though there is an awful lot of competition in that space in Sydney. KIIS, Nova, Cada and to some extent Smooth/WS. In that context 2day is doing pretty well.

3 Likes

2Day has been improving little by little in every survey. There was a time it was rating below 3%. I remember one survey it was 2.9%. Could have been worse than that too. So the difference to 5.3% is big.

5 Likes

I agree. I think they’re playing the long game. I had a listen online a bit last week and the music is good. They’re trying to take on KIIS and Smooth. Unfortunately KIIS/WSFM & Smooth are well oiled machines and it will take a lot to break them.

I hope to see 2Day get some success in the future. I think they can still make some money out of where they’re sitting.

5 Likes

It’s the best result for 2DayFM in a long time. 5.3 is a very good number in a very tight market.

5 Likes

UPDATE:

5 Likes

Jimmy & Nath start on National Nights 9-11pm from tonight.

4 Likes

Vance Joy performed on the rooftop of Fox’s Clarendon Street studios yesterday, the last performance before SCA moves to nearby Moray Street.

6 Likes

Which will be rebranded as Nova100’s Red Room? :joy:

6 Likes

Funny, but no. The rooftop is part of level 2 which is currently for lease. It looks like Nova are only taking over level 1.

4 Likes
4 Likes

101.9 The Fox has to still be the best hit music station in the country. I’ve been listening all day and the music is just absolutely spot on. Great mix of new and recent along with old faves.

Do they always do this “most music weekend” every weekend?

5 Likes

I think a few Hit stations are doing the Most Music Weekend as I’ve notice HIT106.9 Newcastle doing it.

2 Likes

I hope it’s every weekend. It’s just fantastic background music while doing Saturday chores.

2 Likes

Appears to be the same playlist too. Just checked Hit 101.3 Central Coast.

2 Likes

I disagree. Mix is definitely the most successful.

Mix has Most Music; Most Variety as the slogan. I guess they are trying it in other markets.

3 Likes

I didn’t say The Fox was the most successful?

And Mix where?

1 Like

Mix94.5 Perth.

2 Likes

The Hit Network playlists are very good. A good mix of new and old music. Fox, 2Day and B105 all have different playlists according to the Radio App.

2 Likes

Promo on Hit just then. “I listen to the radio for the music. Less chit chat”.

Er if that’s meant to mean listen to us not Spotify then that makes no sense. There’s plenty of chat on radio and nothing on Spotify/ streaming.

Weird promo.

2 Likes