Hit Network

They might be able to grab all the loyal listeners over, but they’d not be in a better position - they’d lose all the gains on their current music format which is finally about to see respectable figures, but they’d be back fighting KIIS in their own territory, and they’d have a huge task introducing Mike E & Emma to a wider audience, which they’d pretty much all need to take off Kyle & Jackie O.

Those postings show that they should do some giveaways of some Pure Highways or similar.

I think at this point it’s Triple M you’d blow up and move to an R&B style format rather than mess with 2Day.

3 Likes

I’d hate to say it, but following yesterday’s improvement for 2Day, would this mean the Mix106.5 sound is here to stay?

I doubt we’ll see any shake up of Mike E & Emma moving across to 104.1 if this becomes a trend for future surveys.

Has the answer to 2Day’s problems all along been that they simply needed to swap breakfast shows AND formats with 106.5? Imagine had they’d done this years ago.

6 Likes

I really don’t see that much similarity between 2day’s current format and the old Mix 106.5

5 Likes

Yes, they should have gone AC earlier than 2018. There has been a gap in the market for this format after 106.5 went CHR.

3 Likes

We’re a long way from a trend…

2 Likes

What the?

6 Likes

Also featured in this weeks edition of Media Bites (from Media Watch).

3 Likes

Reminds me of the time Triple M Sydney had the same ad stuck on for about 40 minutes as well. This was for a finance company, and was in the early evening.

2 Likes

Mix is using the ‘Variety’ positioner during the Mix 60. I assume trying to go back to their #1 days.

I think Mix needs to be more like 2day fm and adjust to the local market. Perth doesn’t suit a national approach.

4 Likes

Correction, Mix are using ‘The Most Music and The Most Variety’ all day.

3 Likes

I hope so​:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Me too, I miss mix. The mix before it was aligned with either Triple M or Hit. It’s definitely better aligned with Hit though.

1 Like

Dan Taylor and Christie Hayes on Hit100.9 Hobart together doing a content-based show this afternoon between 12 PM and presumably 3 PM. Dan left his breakfast show on Chili in Launceston only a couple of days ago.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Can Erin Molan stop giving her opinion please when reading the news? Both the 8am and 8:30am News update she has added her own little comment and opinion after reading a specific story.

Save your opinion for after the weather/ in chat. Not during the actual news.

7 Likes

What was the story and what did she say?

2 Likes

One of them was a story about how some Sydney childcare’s have removed “Mothers Day”and have named it “Family Day” and Erin added a side comment saying why should mothers be sidelined and can’t the day be celebrated as both. In a news update people don’t want the newsreaders opinion. She should save it for chat with Ed and Hughesy. You don’t see Mark Ferguson adding his opinions after every story.

9 Likes

Does she present news and sport on the show? For some reason I thought it was just sport.

2 Likes

Erin is the shows newsreader.

4 Likes

I agree.

I’ve never listened to the show. Are the lines blurred because she is “talent” as well as the newsreader?

5 Likes