Hit Network

I had a listen to Mike E and Emma this morning. I don’t see this working. I get what SCA are doing, taking the 96.1 R&B audience is smart but I don’t think Mike E and Emma are the silver bullet for any brand. Emma is a great radio talent and I can see a future for her somewhere within SCA. I don’t think you’ll see this show on 2DayFM breakfast. I would say a better regional show like Maz & Lakey would be a better long term fit when they give the current show the axe.

Erin Molan would be better suited to Triple M. MG, Erin Molan and Pagey would be successful. Give it 3-5 years and it’ll rate a 7. Maybe higher?

4 Likes

The only criticism I would have of the show is that there was only 2 songs in the first half an hour, too much talk. Having said that, the chemistry is there and it’s good that SCA are investing in their DAB/streaming stations. I think they will build an audience over time, which will be reflected in the ratings numbers later in the year.

5 Likes

So why have Abi on at nights? And I thought I saw a promo about 5SOS taking over the radio Sunday night. Doesn’t make sense if they are going for an older demo.

4 Likes

K&J spend a bit of time talking, saying that the talk has been good! It’s about things the younger listeners can really relate to and I think that’s why Mike E & Emma have done so well.

2 Likes

Carrie has announced today that she is taking her family over to the UK for a couple of months. Carrie & Tommy will continue as normal.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’re still doing the show live, or if they will prerecord it - as Carrie would be waking up pretty early to do C&T if it was live…

4 Likes

UK will be 9 hours behind Melbourne during summer, so waking up at 6am UK time to prepare for the show shouldn’t be an issue for Carrie.

1 Like

It’s not done live currently, is it? Isn’t it about an hour or two delayed?

1 Like

AFAIA, it’s live 3-5 and then replayed 5-6.

6 Likes

It seems as though 2Day have dropped “The Morning Crew” from their branding and are just going with “Hughesy, Ed and Erin”.

4 Likes

Hot Nights host Abbie Chatfield will embark on a national live show tour with six special shows scheduled in May this year. It starts with consecutive shows at Sydney Opera House Playhouse on May 7-8, before travelling to Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Gold Coast.

2 Likes

Was dropped when they returned this year.

4 Likes

I got excited when I saw this part of the message, I thought 2Day finally came to their senses lol

5 Likes

who is abusing the hide feature on here again?

2 Likes

Apparently the pre-sale already exceeded the allocation in Melbourne, so they’ve already added a second Melbourne show on the Thursday night. Is it right to assume she’s either going to pre-record the show on those particular nights, or will they bring in a replacement?

2 Likes

Indeed. 2Day is pretty much the only Sydney FM station I listen to these days.

2 Likes

You know, you see comments like this on Mike E and Emma’s Facebook page, and wonder why 2DayFM don’t just cancel HE&E and just have a potentially successful 2Day breakfast show. Of course not #1, but something that will boost their ratings big time ._.

7 Likes

It’s interesting the amount of Mike E and Emma mentions on the 2Day Win page on their website.

2 Likes

2day fm will need to change their current format and skew younger if Mike E & Emma are going to replace HE&E,

4 Likes

At the same time, worth it if it means that 2Day can rate well for the first time in a long time

1 Like