Hit Network

They already do that with their national shows. I was listening to it for a while on Sunday night and that’s exactly what they were saying: “You’re listening to the Em Rusciano show across the Hit network”.

Because SYD and MEL are ultra competitive markets. Every .1 of a rating point is probably worth $1m in revenue. It’s a risky change that needs to be thought through and planned well.

Exactly. And opens itself up to the inevitable mocking by adding ‘s’ to the front of its name. :wink:

2 Likes

Or something like

“This is the Original 93.9 Hitz FM… be aware of cheap networked imitations”.

This is Hitz 93.9… we’re not the home of Hamish and Andy, nor the Hits and Old Skool. We’re the cheap Grant station" :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s still #1 :wink:

2 Likes

Not for long with all the "mmm"arketing about to “hit” the region.

Grants are about to be swamped.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

We talk to Group Content bosses on Survey #6, up next it’s SCA Hit Networks Gemma Fordham and Triple M Networks Mike Fitzpatrick.

I know what you mean MarkHD - in any work environment the culture is important. But so are sales. Whether it’s a coffee shop, pub, resort or radio station.

The problem with any public company is that the shareholders usually only care about two things. Firstly that the business is making a profit and that the share price is up. Secondly, that the business is being run ethically regarding the environment and social issues.

Shareholders don’t buy SCA shares because the company’s staff are having fun at work. It’s the sad truth about publicly listed businesses.

5 Likes

New 2Day FM commercial

I’m sorry to say that the new 2DayFM ad isn’t impressing me and I’m not quite sure that it’s the perfect fit for their target demographic either. It looks more like an ad you’d probably expect from a station like Smooth 95.3 or one of those on-demand music streaming apps IMO.

Somehow I’m imagining that the reaction from your average viewer at home after seeing this on TV is less “WOW, I’m going to turn on 2DayFM right now” and more “What was that about?”.

1 Like

Still going with the confusing dual branding as well.

1 Like

I had the impression that they were precisely targeting those Smooth listeners who made that starion number one. Radio stations always act in that sort of reactionary way.

The same thing happened when Kiis went to number one. Suddenly 2Day and Nova started playing Old School and Throwback tracks to emulate that station’s success and sreal their listeners.

They don’t seem to get the idea that the reason these stations get to number one is because they try something new which listeners connect with rather than be same same as everything else.

4 Likes

It does look like a commercial which could be used for the other Hit stations (Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth). Just change up the logo at the end.

1 Like

It probably will be used for the other Hit Network stations at some point, most of these generic radio ads are usually made with multiple stations in mind.

1 Like

They announced this last week http://www.southerncrossaustereo.com.au/ereleases/hit/2016/momentscampaign/moments_edm.html

2 Likes

You’re right - although the success of KIIS in Sydney came down to poaching Kyle & Jack, that’s the problem they’re facing in Melbourne: no originality

3 Likes

Well that solves that then, on my way home tonight I saw a digital billboard for hit105 Brisbane with a picture similarly to that of the below (presumably paid actors) and the wording “love and dancing”

Without seeing the commercial, I had no idea what it meant at all. The image and text isn’t particularly striking and it doesn’t tell the audience much at all.

Not a great campaign in my opinion.

4 Likes

I just saw this in Melbourne for FOX.
I agree that it targets Smooth listeners - it would appear that SCA have finally realised that their music format is better aimed at 25-39s rather than 17-24s.

2 Likes