Hit Network

What works in regional areas doesn’t often work in capital city markets.

3 Likes

It’s interesting because I actually prefer Gawndy and Ash/ Maz and Rabbit and Sarah on Star 104.5 to all of the Sydney shows.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/hit-network/71/3834?u=david

Na doubt it.

2 Likes

Newcastle still have their own Hit brekky show though! :wink:

On balance, Kristi and Bodge (Mid North Coast), Mike & Gia (Central West) and Bronte & Sam (Riverina) were teams that probably would’ve worked equally well as a statewide Hit brekky show for the Regional NSW markets.

However, the Central Coast is the most populated regional market to be carrying the statewide breakfast show by a considerable margin. That it’s in relatively close proximity to Sydney and probably easier for SCA to attract talent to than regional markets further away from the state capital is just a bonus.

I would probably expect a relay of Hit Regional NSW brekky to be one of the top choices for 2DayFM Breakfast in 2021, but is this necessarily the best option for listeners? No. It is however, likely to be one of the cheapest ways of bringing back a personality-based brekky show to 2DayFM at the present time and with 104.1 ratings as they have been recently, they may as well wave the white flag until a couple of Sydney’s higher rating and more established FM brekky teams move on.

2 Likes

You could create a whole station, nay, a whole network around my intelligent rants, stimulating discussion, first rate humour and excellent taste in music. :laughing:

It’d be the greatest thing on radio since its inception.

5 Likes

I dare 2DayFM to create a breakfast show that is based around one person and not a team.

There are 25 million people on this continent. Surely there is one more Doug Mulray, Wendy Harmer, Ian McRae or Ric Melbourne.

A breakfast show without the word “and” in its title. One person that I want to wake up to every morning. Simple. Focused. Winner.

5 Likes

They have that now. Jamie Angel.

1 Like

Let Jamie be a personality then - rather than a music focused show.

At the moment the breakfast show is not working. That’s not Jamie’s fault - it’s the music. The music is wrong.

2 Likes

I disagree. I think it’s sounding really good at the moment. RnB Friday’s has to go but the rest is fine.

4 Likes

I love the current hits that 2DayFM play. The older stuff makes me changed stations.

I agree that RnB Fridays has to end.

It’s more like WtF Fridays.

2 Likes

What is Ugly Phil O’Neil up to?

3 Likes

Are you his PR person? He’d be fine of WSFM or Smooth but is too mature for 2day, especially if they’re going to bother battling KIIS and Nova again. They need someone experienced but still fresh sounding like a Blackwell, Smallzy or even DC though not heard him do long breaks before. Lakey maybe but maybe too rough.

No? I’m not his PR person.

Didn’t realise you were not allowed to post facts here.

Soz. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

He is same age as Kyle & Jackie o. (Ex Husband to Jackie) plus 2day are trying to target and older demo. Just a thought

3 Likes

His style not him personally

1 Like

I for some reason love hearing the 80s & 90s hits, I guess that’s what I grew up listening too.

4 Likes

That’s what 2WS is for.

1 Like

Maybe 2Day will join the statewide brekky show… but whose to say it’ll still be Gawndy & Maz?

I’d be looking to hire a top class personality (ie Marty Sheargold) and have a statewide brekky show come from elsewhere other than Central Coast (maybe for ratings/overlap reasons they could return HIT101.3 to a local brekky show).

Marty has denied working for 2Day… but has he denied working for HIT? Kind of the same way Kyle denied jumping to Mix106.5 but ended up on KIIS1065.

1 Like

Just gone midnight on Tom & Olly where they finished a DJ set, and now on to Tina Arena with Sorrento Moon. What a mess.

5 Likes

The comment wasn’t directed at you, but Ugly Phil is 12 years older than Jackie.

1 Like

… Just putting it out there, what about Sam Mac? One man band… knows how to interview… can be funny on his own…

His evening show on Triple M back in the day was great.

1 Like