Hit Network

Hit107 being the exact same as 2Day now (except a few differences in playlist) with More Music More Variety and Commercial Free Blocks of Music. Does anyone think this will have much impact on the Adelaide market or as we will see in Tuesday’s radio ratings, will Hit still be stuck at the bottom ??

1 Like

If Hit 107 is at the bottom of the ratings again, maybe SCA should brand the station as SAFM again because like B105 (rebranding that station to Hit was another stupid decision IMO), the station name actually stands for something important to the listening area.

But unfortunately, I highly doubt that will happen though because it seems that SCA wants all their radio stations (with possible exceptions for 2DayFM, Fox FM and Mix 94.5) branded as either Hit or Triple M.

4 Likes

I am in the heritage name camp myself. I don’t understand why they couldn’t just go back to the names such as SAFM and just refer on air as “SAFM, a Hit Music Station” or “SAFM, part of the Hit Network”

3 Likes

I think it’s safe to say that the name change from SAFM to Hit107 has been a failure, because the stations ratings have barely improved since the change to Hit107 in October 2014.

2 Likes

No need to change it back then either.

When visiting the Hit website there is no longer mention of Hit in logos including Fox and the Sea stations.

Has FOX always been the first listed? Basically assumes it is the flagship station.

I don’t think you can read too much into it. Why put Brisbane last?

image image

image image image

1 Like

Fox and 2Day removed their’s a while ago now, nothing new there.

As far as I know the Sea stations never included ‘hit’ when they rebranded.

1 Like

I remember Hit90.9SeaFM Branding, being short lived on air and in podcasts.

3 Likes

Correct @John the dills in SCA supposedly know everything about good communication (implied prerequisite) for a successful station yet couldn’t get logos correct with a disastrous design.

Bundaberg also had that design as well.

3 Likes

Been listening to Keegan’s Hit Nights for the past week and was trying to compare it to Draco’s version in January. Who do we think has the best presenting style of the two??

1 Like

Keegan is much better.

2 Likes

Definitely Keegs, better than Ash London too IMO.

1 Like

Agreed. Ash is good talent but a tad over used. About time Keegs got his own National Program or breakfast show.

4 Likes

Andy Lee filled in for Carrie Bickmore this afternoon on Carrie & Tommy.

Carrie returns from holidays tomorrow.

1 Like

Of course he would say that. He should join Hamish & Andy instead.

1 Like

Stav, Abby and Matt locked in for breakfast at hit105 until the end of 2020

They talk to the most interesting people in Brisbane, do things no ordinary Brisbanite would consider and in-between they take the pulse of the city every morning, telling the stories that matter and bringing smiles to hundreds of thousands of faces – they are hit105’s Stav, Abby and Matt and their early morning wake up calls will continue, with news the show has been locked in until the end of 2020!

HIT105 Content Director Mathew Eggleston said the news sent ripples throughout the station when it broke earlier today.

“We are so excited to have Stav, Abby & Matt confirmed as our hit105 breakfast show until the end of 2020. They have had a fantastic 12 months at the top of the radio surveys here in Brisbane so it’s not only brilliant for us as a station, but for all the listeners out there who tune in daily knowing their favourite show is locked in long term,” he said.

“We kicked off the year with a raft made from Goon Sacks and then Stav, Abby & Matt paddled it across the Brown Snake; we gave away a year’s salary; Matty broke his leg in a footy game, and Abby has just announced she is pregnant! So, keep watching this space, it’s going to be a fun ride.”

“Waking up with Stav, Abby and Matt on Hit105 means rolling over and hearing exactly what you need to know every morning - what’s happening in Brissie & the world, what’s hot, which celebrities have taken the worst selfies and who in Australia is creating all the fuss. Stav is everyone’s funny best mate, Abby is Mrs Brisbane and Matt is the cheeky family man. Together they are one big breakfast feast of fantastic.”

Southern Cross Austereo Queensland Executive General Manager Damon Rielly said, “with Brisbane being the most fiercely contested radio market in the country, and other Brisbane breakfast shows experiencing instability, locking in Stav, Abby & Matt was an important move to provide Brisbane consistency to start their day.”

“Breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day, and we are thrilled to have Stav, Abby and Matt locked in until the end of 2020; this gives our listeners security, our partners and advertisers security and is allows our breakfast team to think long-term and create some wonderful experiences for the city.”

The news follows a recent announcement by Southern Cross Austereo Brisbane that they would relocate from their current North Quay home, to a new custom-fitted headquarters at The Barracks in 2019, representing what will be one of the largest and most technical moves in the country.

Wake up with Stav, Abby and Matt on hit105 from 6am to 9am weekdays.

2 Likes

Clever move, the show has certainly improved since loosing it’s (part-time) fourth host. The Chemistry is evident, the content whilst not the most original is clearly working with listeners.

2 Likes