Hit and Misses of 2021

How do you come to that conclusion? It was a regular show in the schedule in 2017, 2018, 2019. It only skipped 2020 because of the adverts/promotional tie-ins the episodes had.

It’s a short run season that previously was in a post 9pm time slot. The network aren’t pinning everything onto it like they do with their 7.30pm tent-pole shows.

Well, tent-pole is a different description altogether.

Most of it is driven by sponsors from what I’ve seen?

Look although I agree with you it did well. I don’t think being number 2 in your timeslot warrants a hit status. Not to mention it was beaten by a show you called a ‘miss’ both nights it was up against it in the key demos and was third in most of the demos both nights it was against Holey Moley and The Amazing Race. And beaten by I’m a celebrity in total and key demos in its first week. Just seems a bit of a contradiction in my opinion.

1 Like

Miss: Three Blue Ducks, that airs on Saturday on Channel 10.

Miss: Ultimate Tag

4 Likes

Disaster.

1 Like

So far in 2021:

Hits:
Marries at First Sight
I’m a Celebrity

Average:
Amazing Grace
Home and Away
Q&A (since moving to Thursdays)

Misses:
Ultimate Tag
Studio 10
Seven’s Royal Family Specials
Three Blue Ducks
Anything 10 offers on a Saturday

2 Likes

The Oprah interview has to be in the hits. It got 10 some of its highest ratings this year.

Aaaah, yes, how can i miss out on the Oprah Interview… (oops). It’s the number one show of the year so far.

Hit: Fisk (especially with huge increases in consolidated and high VPM rating)

Miss: Amazing Grace

Hits: Lego Masters, Dancing with the Stars, Have you been Paying Attention.

Average: Masterchef, Celebrity Apprentice, Big Brother, Travel Guides, Space Invaders.

Misses: The Weakest Link (literally), How to Stay Married, Doctor Doctor, Emergency.

1 Like

It’s difficult to see how Nine are going to be happy at how ​the first few episodes of this show received less viewers than a fairly niche ABC-TV show such as Love On The Spectrum.

Although even ignoring the neurodiverse competition, The Weakest Link didn’t have the right timeslot (really should’ve been a 7.30pm show, like Seven’s version was two decades ago) or host.

The ratings say it’s not niche. The current OzTAM 28 day rolling BVOD ratings put The Handmaid’s Tale in the top five spots, with Love on the Spectrum taking up positions six, seven and nine.

1 Like

Although while the ABC will no doubt be happy at the ratings and BVOD figures for Love On The Spectrum, realistically I don’t think they would’ve been expecting it (especially not Tuesday night’s double length finale, which smashed TWL by just over 200k metro viewers) to outrate The Weakest Link.

1 Like

Hit: Australian Survivor
Average: Beauty and the Geek

I think Farmer Wants a Wife is somewhere in between.

Hit: The Voice

Australian Gangster. Drama flop of the year.

Seven’s premier Australian Gangster disappointed … on 359,000.

1 Like

Making It has to be one of the ratings flops of the year.

1 Like