MAFS Reunion Special
I’m a Celebrity

Average:
The Amazing Race

Misses:
Holey Moley
Who Wants to be a Millionaire

2 Likes

The dinner party was super trashy but keen to see what the new season brings.

But ratings were much worse than MAFS.

4 Likes

Amazing Race is outperforming Travel Guides in 25-54

That’s what Matters

1 Like

Didn’t travel guides and holey moley get similar figures?

1 Like

Misses:
Who Wants to be a Millionaire

Average:
Holey Moley

1 Like

Because it was a different show.

The return on investment is much greater for Travel Guides than Holey Moley.

Holey Moley was supposed to be Seven’s biggest and most expensive shows of 2021. Pulling in 450k is not a success for a high budget production, no matter which way you try to spin it

4 Likes

Fair enough. I can understand that logic. But I wouldn’t call Travel Guides a ‘Hit’ either. Fact is it didn’t win its timeslot each time it was on, it rated around 600k and I doubt it was that cheap to make.

1 Like

Agree. Travel Guides is not a network staple show and was used as filler programming. It did very well considering it was plucked into that time slot quickly for a short run.

It’s success also seems to have pushed the network to air the unaired season of overseas travel that they didn’t want to air last year due to the pandemic / lack of people travelling.

How do you come to that conclusion? It was a regular show in the schedule in 2017, 2018, 2019. It only skipped 2020 because of the adverts/promotional tie-ins the episodes had.

It’s a short run season that previously was in a post 9pm time slot. The network aren’t pinning everything onto it like they do with their 7.30pm tent-pole shows.

Well, tent-pole is a different description altogether.

Most of it is driven by sponsors from what I’ve seen?

Look although I agree with you it did well. I don’t think being number 2 in your timeslot warrants a hit status. Not to mention it was beaten by a show you called a ‘miss’ both nights it was up against it in the key demos and was third in most of the demos both nights it was against Holey Moley and The Amazing Race. And beaten by I’m a celebrity in total and key demos in its first week. Just seems a bit of a contradiction in my opinion.

1 Like

Miss: Three Blue Ducks, that airs on Saturday on Channel 10.

Miss: Ultimate Tag

4 Likes

Disaster.

1 Like

So far in 2021:

Hits:
Marries at First Sight
I’m a Celebrity

Average:
Amazing Grace
Home and Away
Q&A (since moving to Thursdays)

Misses:
Ultimate Tag
Studio 10
Seven’s Royal Family Specials
Three Blue Ducks
Anything 10 offers on a Saturday

2 Likes

The Oprah interview has to be in the hits. It got 10 some of its highest ratings this year.