Hey Hey It’s Saturday specials

Molly was allowed to appear on the first reunion special.

2 Likes

I’d say only if she’s in a clip would she be on the show.

1 Like
1 Like

Presumed they’d use NEP.

I cant see why Livinia Nixon is not able to appear. Andy Lee is able to be on 10,7 and 9

Same with Sam Pang. He is on 10 and 7

She is on a network contract, those two aren’t.

7 Likes

That’s not even comparable.

3 Likes

Noted Channel Nine weatherman Andy Lee.

4 Likes

Pre-recorded. Hey Hey used to be filmed live when it was on 9. Sign of times.

2 Likes

Sad, but true. Long gone are the days of primetime live variety, which is a shame. Shows like HYBPA, DWTS, the Voice Finals etc are sll pre-recorded.

I think the only one live these days is The Front Bar (in AFL cities), and its great.

6 Likes

But not always broadcast live.

3 Likes

it was pre-recorded for a long time during its original run. At one stage it was taped on Friday nights, then on Saturday afternoons. I was in the studio audience on the day of the 1989 (?) Grand Final and they had the challenge of talking about the grand final and acknowledging the winning team, even though at the time of taping the game was still in progress. And they did it, not giving away anything that the show was being pre-recorded.

1 Like

and Sunday Footy Show. Footy Classified is pre recorded, mostly everything on the Project is pre recorded.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t a big factor in the upcoming special being prerecorded be the uncertainty with lockdowns and filming restrictions? This way they have it in the can and ready to go.

If they left it for a few weeks, who knows what could happen, they might not be allowed to film if there was an explosion of cases.

4 Likes

It’s sad that the non-news station in Australia that puts the most live content to air (13 hours a day) is TVSN.

I loved Hey Hey. I am not sure I would watch it in 2021 though. Part of what made Hey Hey so good was that they churned out 2 hours of the show each week. I think the risk of a one-off special is that it becomes too over-produced and over-scripted.

6 Likes

Speaking of specials, Hey Hey It’s Saturday’s Movie World 1st Birthday Special can now be watched on Internet Archive.

Got a link for us?

Hey Hey Its Saturday 1992 Batman Returns : Channel 9 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

1 Like

There were times that it was pre-recorded, like when they’d walk outside from the studio and you’d see the bright sky and Dicky Knee would say “It’s very bright for this time of night”.

However, it used to go to air live at one stage. I remember around 1980 they showed a tour of the TV station, and they showed the monitors where they watch what goes to air. Daryl turned the TV to another channel for a few seconds just for fun and it was showing what was actually on that channel at that time.

2 Likes

Sky Racing 1 airs live content for around 20 hours a day.

2 Likes