HD Broadcasting

I think you mean 7Food Network. It was never in HD

5 Likes

I would put Racing.com at 74 - a channel Seven is running as a joint venture with Racing Victoria should be prioritized over a home shopping channel

6 Likes

The same slide showing 7mate in HD on 74 is showing in Regional QLD, yes.

And, yes.
7HD is currently broadcasting in HD MPEG2 on LCN 7, 70, 71 in Regional QLD with no SD version of the channel.

3 Likes

Didn’t see this posted elsewhere, but this looks better:

20 Likes

Yep, much more on-brand and probably what should’ve been the placeholder slide in the first place!

Of course the LCN name is still “7Food Network” with the video stream being 576i, but I’ll let that slide for the moment.

2 Likes

Following Nine’s alignment style there.

3 Likes

It’ll be quite interesting to see if the watermark for this relaunched version of 7mateHD follows that logo design or a different one, because I don’t think any network O&O market has temporarily seen 7mate in HD on LCN-70 for 24 hours since playout moved from BCM to NPC on August 21.

3 Likes

Especially given it doesn’t follow Seven’s alignment style. I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve just knocked it up for the slide personally

3 Likes

well prime7 wont be broadcasting it thats for sure

It’s already on air in some Prime7 regions. :crazy_face:

3 Likes

lol i mean the hd version

there’s a Western Australia?!

1 Like

That’s what I meant, too!

1 Like

which prime7 regions get 7mate hd?

Just WA, which is kind of more than one market, -ish.

well i meant the east coast actually prime7 not gwn 7 lol

2 Likes

By point of comparision, here’s the 7mateHD logo that was used during the days when LCN-70 was different things in different markets:

Then again, it’s possible that the 2016 branding guidelines are no longer relevant since Seven did have a 2019 refresh to their On-Air Presentation (and for all we know, might even do another one for 2020)!

I think it’s only the GWN7 regions that still recieve 7mate in (likely MPEG2 via terrestrial TV) HD?

I think all Prime7 markets of the Gold Coast, Regional NSW and Victoria get a HD version of the main channel - even Prime7 Central Coast which is probably only ever watched by about 12 people up there! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Praying for Foxtel to deliver 7mate HD by Jan 16.

1 Like

Do WIN Regions like regional SA, and Griffith get the 7mate channel in HD?

1 Like

Yes.