HD Broadcasting

You just have to turn on 13 now to see that Judge Judy is in HD.

3 Likes

Dr Phil as well!

And FBI on Sunday!

8 Likes

That situation mustā€™ve changed recently? Because Iā€™m sure I saw upconverted SD for a lot of the US shows on Ten earlier this year!

2 Likes

Current season episode have been in HD - e.g. NCIS, FBI, Bull.

This post certified by

16 Likes

New hardware in the department, makes it all possible.

As I said, on this forum, last year.

11 Likes

You are correct because we have a HD tv from 2008 and it doesnā€™t pick up mpeg 4 so Iā€™ve had to skip a lot channels over the years all because my dad doesnā€™t want to replace it until it dies

1 Like

7flix is already in HD

2 Likes

It is?

I had to buy a set-top box to watch it as my tvā€™s are before 2009 and after 2015

no 7 flix isnt in hd

2 Likes

It is in newcastle
Edit: 576i SDTV (MPEG-4)

Thatā€™s SD not HD.

4 Likes

No itā€™s mpeg 4 and my tvā€™s donā€™t decode it

You typed it yourself ā€œSDTVā€.

2 Likes

But I canā€™t receive mpeg 4

ā€¦does not automatically mean HD.

MPEG-4 is an encoding technology - itā€™s how the networks can fit multiple channels into one digital television signal. MPEG-2 is a much less efficient method of this, which is why all of the high definition (HD) channels (which require more bandwidth than standard definition (SD)) use MPEG-4.

In some cases, networks choose to broadcast SD channels in MPEG-4 - in metropolitan areas, this includes 7Food Network and Racing.com. Prime have chosen to broadcast 7Flix in MPEG-4 in order to fit in additional services - namely ishop TV.

8 Likes

I would like to apologize for not doing my research I Iā€™m sorry

1 Like

No harm at all. This post also serves as a good guide:

1 Like

doesnt make it hd , yes it is in mpeg 4 but its not in hd , hd is 720 and above

But itā€™s still annoying that I have to use a set-top box to view the these channels