HD Broadcasting

I’d like to see a similar approach to WIN. 7mate is by far the most popular multi and shares a lot of sport with 7, so it should be up the top. 7two remains at its usual place which the older demo would surely prefer.

7 7
70 7HD
71 7mateHD
72 7twoHD
73 7flix
78 Racing.com

5 Likes

Same in Toowoomba

5 Likes

welcome to the forum Dylan.

1 Like

Checking tonight - no change to the 1 Mbps for LCN 73/63.

Also thinking it is a strange choice to be running the slide advising that 7Two will be in HD on the channel using MPEG 4. Wouldn’t it have been better to use the original MPEG2 and also advise that 7Mate can no longer be seen in SD (using MPEG 2). Because viewers with MPEG 2 won’t see the message and won’t know what has happened to 7Mate and the need to upgrade.

7 Likes

Throwback to 2002

10 Likes

LCN 73/63 in regional Queenland now labelled as 7twoHD [Location]. EPG read “Channel launching soon”.

HD Home Run has ollocated a 7two HD logo as well

Freeview hasn’t caught up with the change

8 Likes

Interactive DTV. Promised so much yet delivered so little.

3 Likes

Didn’t ABC use red button for a while? BBC still uses it in UK.

1 Like

Seven and Nine did a little bit with it as well - Nines from memory required the Teac DVB-500 set top box

1 Like

Incredible finds

1 Like

It depends, Nine did some regular multi-view stuff as well. There’s a post back here with some examples - Digital TV Technical Discussion - #1444 by tvcl

The Sports Active stuff was “real” interactive TV, but most networks experimented with multiview as it at least worked with all receivers.

Once HD was more common place it wasn’t viable to be turning off HD to run SD multiview services so they stopped.

2 Likes

7TWO HD has started today on 7QLD. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

So 7mate is purely HD now, and 7two is still on 72 in SD?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s right. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Snapshot of 7TWO HD

4 Likes

Bit rates for video + audio

7 HD MPEG 2 5.121
72 7two SD 2.217
73 7two HD 4.527
74 7mate HD 4.413
76 7Flix 2.001
78 Race 3.22

6 Likes

What region is 7twoHD available in? My tv won’t pick it up and I’m in Brisbane.

Regional QLD.

1 Like

Ok. Well, that sucks. :roll_eyes:

do we know if 7mate hd and 7two hd is also available in regional NSW and vic?