Have You Been Paying Attention?

I couldn’t think of anyone worse than Julia, she’s not as funny as she thinks she is

2 Likes

Mick Molloy and Denise Scott will join Julia Morris next week.

Revised line up.

3 Likes

Do we know if there was any reason why Julia and Denise dropped out?

Next week

It will be Josh’s first appearance on HYBPA as a contestant since September 2015. He was the guest quizmaster on the new season premiere back in May this year.

Seems like their having trouble booking contestants this year.

Which is ironic cause they’ve been on lockdown and can’t leave Melbourne. Where else are they going that they’re cancelling with such short notice?

Perhaps they’re isolating for covid exposure sites. With the high amount of new cases being recorded each day, there would be so many people ending up in isolation for going to an exposure site.

2 Likes

Yes, most of them have cancelled because they have visited an exposure site or had a close contact.

They are limited because they can’t have interstate or overseas comedians as guests at the moment.

1 Like

But with Victoria-NSW border reopening from next week, it should be easier to invite Sydney-based comedians to fly to Melbourne to take part on the show during November.

What’s their obsession with Alex? Is she someones daughter?

Why do keep saying stuff like that? They are trying to feature more up and coming comedians. What’s wrong with inviting her back to do more shows?

People complained about Tim McDonald when he first started but he grew stronger with each appearance and now hosts The Cheap Seats too.

5 Likes

Yeah, I agree with Drew actually. It feels like Alex is there every second week. I appreciate they’re in a tough spot (well, not really anymore) but it’s become a bit repetitive.

I really like Alex.

I’m pretty sure the same things were being said that Melanie Bracewell was “too regular” at the beginning of the year.
Then it became obvious as to why, The Cheap Seats came along, and they were giving her profile a boost.

Then Celia Pacquola was on very regularly when Rosehaven was airing.

It comes and goes; I have no complaints about Alex, or Melanie. Quite like Emma too.

I think we need to keep in mind that anyone outside from Victoria isn’t readily available currently + Anne is now unavailable.

3 Likes

good to be trying new and different talent - keeps it fresh…who knows when the next up and coming will land the 8:30 Wednesday night slot of the next Working Dog production

2 Likes

But why do people keep pulling out? Why are they named as a guest then pull out? It makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. I told you further up in my previous comment.

There have been a few COVID cases in workplaces in the past few weeks and those involved have to get tested and withdraw from the show at the last minute. Nova and SCA radio had presenters missing or working from home. They’re not going to explain the exact details of COVID close contacts every time a performer drops out.

The exact same thing has happened on other shows across all networks over the last few weeks resulting in last minute dropouts.

5 Likes

Not sure if others agree, but the two most recent episodes which involved last minute replacement panelists, also resulted in a couple of the funnier shows this year.

1 Like