Have You Been Paying Attention?

How abouts a HYBPA / Cheap Seats double on Tuesday night?

But i can’t see that happening. They pretty much complement each other and two news-of-the-week type shows in a row is too much.

They could take a week off and throw in an extra week at the end of the year.

13 Likes

that would be the most sensible option

3 Likes

Mimi just finished the Australian leg of her world tour (she appeared on HYBPA yesterday, hours before going on stage at her Melbourne concert). She will perform in Auckland tomorrow.

1 Like

Wasn’t Amanda Keller advertised to be on tonight? Don’t tell me she’s been sent to London, too??:wink:

3 Likes

Who replaced her?

1 Like

Emma Holland replaced Amanda Keller.

4 Likes

Ah great choice. Much better than Amanda Keller.

3 Likes

Tonight’s episode has been hilarious so far :joy:

2 Likes

Two Kiwi comedians (Melanie Bracewell and Ray O’Leary) joining Denise Scott on next week’s show.

At this stage it’s still being advertised as 8.30pm next Monday.

1 Like

Anyone else noticing that they seem to be sticking to the same combinations lately. I’m sure Julia was on with Aaron last time and Ray and Mel were together.

1 Like

Great show. Such talent to be able to get laughs out of a sad few days and in a way that wasn’t offensive; just the right balance.

3 Likes

Hasn’t that always been the case? They’ve done that before with Kitty and Marty often appearing in the same eps. I guess if some work really well together, they try it again.

Maybe it is more prominent because there seems to be less space between appearances. It feels like Denise/Mel/Ray were on only 2-3 weeks ago. A few of the favourites must be unavailable at the moment

Release for next week - will it go ahead?

Have Ray, Denise, Melanie, Sam And Ed Been Paying Attention?

Monday, 19 September At 8.40pm On 10 And 10 Play.

You asked for it and we’ve been paying attention.

Have You Been Paying Attention? favourites will return this week to test their knowledge on all things celebrity, politics, sport, current affairs, pop culture and international affairs.

Described as a big brain in an ill-fitting suit, comedian Ray O’Leary will bring his deadpan wit and awkward bravado back to the podium alongside the unstoppable Denise Scott with her brand of comedic genius as they unpack the news of the week.

Swapping her role as host on The Cheap Seats to contestant behind the buzzer, Melanie Bracewell comes well researched and ready to take on Ray O’Leary, Denise Scott and regular contestants Ed Kavalee and Sam Pang.

These five are nothing that Quizmaster Tom Gleisner can’t handle, as he delicately wrangles this motley crew while getting a few correct answers on the Have You Been Paying Attention? leaderboard.

https://twitter.com/HYBPA/status/1569289676800028672?s=20&t=WwpRJ6zo_6FfA4GXhnsONg

1 Like

They made so many jokes about the Queen last night I wouldn’t be surprised if it went ahead for Monday. I wonder if last nights show got any complaints

People knew what they were getting into when they chose to watch the show. Making complaints about jokes you knew were most likely going to be made would be very on the nose.

5 Likes

“Prince William and Kate inherited a new title this week. They’ll now be known as …”

Emma "The accused. "

Who could be offended? :wink:

7 Likes

Depends if the talent and production would be amenable to that.

there will be people watching the show deliberately to get outraged and make a complaint. Been happening for decades

3 Likes