Happy New Year! Thread

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2017 everyone!!

[quote=“TV-ACT, post:19, topic:473, full:true”]
Happy new year all.
The only ones that need to change logo are WIN (to ten) and SC Tas (to 7), but forgive my wishful thinking.[/quote]Wishful thinking indeed haha. :wink:

[quote=“AddictedToTVPres, post:20, topic:473, full:true”]EVEN though its just 10:40pm in WA, I’d like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. Cheers! :beer:[/quote]Happy New Year to you - only 1hr 11mins to go! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Happy New Year everyone from Perth! :slightly_smiling_face::sunglasses::sparkles::tada::confetti_ball::balloon:

5 Likes

@sammy123

4 Likes

Happy New Year all!

I’m not really one for resolutions, but aiming for another overseas trip this year and to continue hitting my fitness goals.

What sort of music do you play? I’m big into trance, triplet drops are way overplayed on the psy scene.

Haha well i’m into Trap but sometimes a bit of Bass House and Dubstep.

Tell you what, I used to really be into Uplifting and Classic Trance but it was a bit too slow for me. I’ve never heard a triple drop in a trance setting, any places you can point me to see some?

Moreso Psy Trance where the triplet drops are coming in and the more commercial side of psytrance or DJs trying to do ridiculous cross genres. So it’s annoying. Artists like Ace Ventura, Coming Soon, Vini Vici etc. They are more suited to your style of music definitely. I’m mostly into uplifting Trance (Aly & Fila kinda stuff).

1 Like

Do the kids still play Darude?

4 Likes

Yes. https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/music/watch-finland-timed-the-exact-stroke-of-2017-with-/ff2d4ba2-2440-45e1-ba53-6007a48f6bdf.htm

1 Like

Do you listen to current trance or 90s trance? I prefer 90s-early 00s trance, some good stuff there

Both. Nothing beats the old stuff but lots of good current stuff is good if you look in the right places. Aly & Fila and their Future Sound of Egypt is prob the best stuff going around at the moment. The Gouryella resurgence last year was epic too for a bit of 90s nostalgia. Good stuff on Subculture label as well.

1 Like

Happy New Year!

1 Like

And so the year ticks over to 2018, who’d have thought that all the doomsday predictions so far have failed and that we’re at this point! Seriously though take care if you’re still partying and let the 2018 session begin.

2 Likes

It’s also amazing to think that people who were born in 2000 will become adults this year!

Happy 2018 Media Spy! :tada: :fireworks:

2 Likes

That’s some pretty simple Maths :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I was listening to Smooth Brisbane on the way home from a new year’s eve party, so heard Auld Lang Syne again at 1:00 am as it struck midnight in Brisbane. Smooth played a very nice version. Happy New Year!! :tada::flags::dolls::bamboo::tanabata_tree::confetti_ball::jack_o_lantern::christmas_tree::fireworks::sparkler::sparkles::clinking_glasses::tumbler_glass::sunny::smiley::beers::beer::tropical_drink::cocktail::wine_glass::champagne:

2 Likes

Happy new year, everyone! :smiley:

1 Like

Happy new year to Media Spy members and all! 15 minutes to go here in Perth, WA… Feels awesome to be stuck in 2017…

Any new years resolutions this years guys and gals? :stuck_out_tongue:

I have one new years resolution and that is to not have any new years resolutions. As I always break them 2 weeks later. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Happy New Year!

Can’t believe yet another year has come and gone so fast, they seem to come around faster each year too. Also only 2 more years and we will be into the twenties!

2 Likes

Happy New Year MS!

Who else got a New Years kiss? :kissing_heart:

Happy New Year from NZ everyone! :fireworks::sparkler:

2 Likes