GWN - On-Air Presentation (1997-1999)

Idents:

Movie Opener:

Classification Warning:

PRG:

Copyright Warning:

Promo Endtags:

7 Likes

That’s when GWN’s presentation was at its best. Done locally out of Bunbury.

5 Likes

These promo enders were great. I’m pretty sure these were introduced when GWN went with full Seven affiliation, but before Prime centralised operations to Canberra. What an insult; to go from these stylish Seven inspired enders to the those old fashioned blue/yellow ones from Prime!

mp4%20-_00002 mp4%20-_00003

Thanks for the caps @Zampakid! I’ve never seen the copyright notice from this package before!

3 Likes

Some more caps:
18/3/1999

9/9/1999
Breakbumper:

Promo Endtags:

6 Likes

Super rare stuff here. Never seen caps of these promos before. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

These were capped days before WIN WA launched! Burning through some Nine movies before losing them for good.

So, GWN must have switched to Seven News/TT, and using Seven’s promo style, before they lost Nine and Ten affiliation. I thought they made the switch closer to WIN’s launch.

5 Likes

The 80’s and 90’s was the absolute zenith for the Golden West Network. Presentation was slick, news was comprehensive and commitment to localism was second to none.

3 Likes

I agree, but this era was special. It was the first time the presentation (other than idents) resembled a metro network. Seeing GWN gearing up for WIN’s arrival was exciting to watch. I remember print ads running for weeks and I reckon by the time these caps were recorded to VHS, WIN had already fired up their pre-launch loop in a lot of areas.

3 Likes
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter