Great songs heard on radio

Heard this last week down here on sister station Gold Melbourne, when it was said Daryl Braithwaite was coming up, I thought it would be Horses again but was pleasantly surprised

2 Likes

Triple M today:
Joan Armatrading, “I Love it When You Call Me Names”:+1:
The Cranberries, ‘Salvation “ hadn’t heard this one for ages👍RIP Dolores O’Riordan
They have been playing some different songs this week so far

3 Likes

“Never Be the Same Again” Mel C,aka “Sporty Spice”
Coles Radio on DAB
This is my favourite digital station,they have a wide selection of music👍

1 Like

Triple M yesterday;
“The Drugs Don’t Work” The Verve

3 Likes

strong text VISION CHRISTIAN RADIO WILL PLAY OVERCOMER AND BLEED THEW SAME BY MANDISA

Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum Middle Of The Road

On 4kq. Very different station to WS fm. The top 1000 so far pretty good. Listening online.

1 Like

Yeah the Easter 1000 on 4KQ is usually something pretty special in terms of real breadth of classic hits and rare songs.

She’s Like The Wind - Patrick Swayze

And on 2DAY FM of all stations - normally you’d expect to hear this on Smooth or WS.

Goes to show how much 2DAYs playlist has changed since the reformat.

2 Likes

Sweet 'N Sour- THE TAKEAWAYS
This Little Girl- GARY US BONDS
Second Chance- 38 SPECIAL

2XL/Forever Classic last night and this morning.

4 Likes

The Takeaways!

WOW… I haven’t heard that song on the radio since 1984!

Great song!

The 38 Special one is rarely heard too, WS gives it a spin during 80s weekends sometimes, but that’s about it.

Yes the Takeaways song is an absolute classic. I have heard it on the Breeze over the years and occasionally on 4KQ.

Black,”Wonderful Life” (1988) on Triple M yesterday.Great ‘one hit wonder ‘

3 Likes

Cry - The Mavis’s

Playing right now on Triple M’s “Homegrown”.

2 Likes

Just Be Good To Me - S.O.S Band

Now Playmg on FUN Classic Hits Digital in Sydney.

Haven’t heard that song on the radio since the mid 80s!

1 Like

“Everything Must Change”- Paul Young. Heard it on Coles Radio while shopping. Turned on Foxtel Smooth when I got home and it was the first song I saw played.

3 Likes

Elvis Costello, “Pump it Up” on Triple M today👍

1 Like

Bjork - It’s Oh So Quiet this evening on Stat 104.5’s “Time Tunnel” feature. Some other gems from 1996 were also played, but this one stood out to me.

2 Likes

When I think back about those days all I can do is sit and smile.

The Comm Games have made me reflect on how incredible it was to be in Brisbane during Expo 88. The place was alive. FM104 had a shop, a cafe and a travel agency. They had ‘trendy’ studios at 549 Queen Street as well as at the river stage. They ruled supreme in the ratings consistently over 30 points.

This track symbolised them perfectly… ‘classic’ rock with broad appeal, and sums up the feeling of the time so well.

1988 FM104.

4 Likes

I was at Expo 88 and went to the FM104 shop in the city and bought a white FM104 T-shirt which had a kangaroo playing a guitar on the front, Great shirt!

4 Likes

This Photo is of a (Cough) Younger me wearing said T-Shirt from Expo 88 back in my community radio days

7 Likes