Great songs heard on radio

I heard the extended mix of Electric Dreams on WS when I was at the gym. That was fun.

2 Likes

Wonder if the video clip got a run on the Music TV channels last year when the Cubs went on their World Series run? Marx is a big Cubs fan and in the clip he dreamt of hitting a home run for the Cubs in a big game, complete with Bob Uecker (Harry Doyle) commentary.

2 Likes

Mental as Anything, The World Seems Difficult, earlier tonight on Aussie. Not heard enough since the early 90s.

5 Likes

Not sure if this is a ā€œgreat songā€ or a guilty pleasureā€¦ The Model/Kraftwerk on Absolute 80s.
Ah the 80sā€¦

3 Likes

Interesting fact: ā€œThe Modelā€ by Kraftwerk first came out in 1978 from their album ā€œThe Man-Machineā€ (which my parents have on vinyl) & was released as a single in their home country of West Germany (as it was back then). It wasnā€™t until 1981 that it was being released as a single in the UK & topped the charts there.

1 Like

Interesting. I didnā€™t know that.

All I Need- AIR (iFart Radio- The 90s)
Computer One- DEAR ENEMY (Coles Radio) :astonished:.

2 Likes

Computer One is an absolute classic

Itā€™s a semi-regular on 2GN, 2XL, and 3GG; it was a pleasant surprise to hear it on Coles Radio, though! Iā€™m sure Rebel would give it a spin every now and then too, considering they play Mi-Sex who are similar in style.

1 Like

I think Breeze would most likely play ā€œComputer Oneā€ than Rebel I would imagine. Also, Gold 104.3 in Melbourne would play it as part of their ā€œTotally 80sā€ program on Friday nights from time to time.

• ā€œI Knew the Bride When She Used to Rock and Rollā€ by Nick Lowe

• ā€œYou Canā€™t Change Thatā€ by Raydio (featuring Ray Parker Jr)
    both heard last night on Forever Classic 2CA.

• ā€œSleeping Beautyā€ by the Divinyls heard on the Rebel on Monday 24 July.

3 Likes

Rushā€™s self titled debut album in full on MMM Classic Rock today :+1: :+1: :+1:. Iā€™m sure it was for Geddy Leeā€™s birthday today (as well as my own).

Thatā€™s a great song from Nick Lowe!

Though ā€œCruel To Be Kindā€ is even better imo.

1 Like

Time (Clock of the Heart) by Culture Club on smooth yesterday at 11.30am.

Surprises like this gem is why I always flick over to smooth. Itā€™s just a pity that the show was being hosted by Richard Wilkins (the man who has not changed his hair style since 1985).

2 Likes

On Broadway - George Benson on The Breeze this morning. I donā€™t heard George Benson on the radio in Brisbane much.

1 Like

Hanginaround- COUNTING CROWS
Tojo- HOODOO GURUS :+1: :+1: :+1:

NOW FM from the Mighty Mount Dowe this morning.

IOU/Freeze on Absolute 80s. Guilty pleasure :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4KQ
On the radio/Donna Summer

MMM Greatest Hits digital
I saw you first/John Cougar Mellancamp
(Itā€™s called something else though)

1 Like

Itā€™s called ā€œKey West Intermezzo (I Saw You First)ā€.

1 Like

When Liveā€™s ā€˜Throwing Copperā€™ album was bigā€¦ Triple M absolutely thrashed themā€¦

Yet we donā€™t seem to hear them played much anymore? (Correct me if Iā€™m wrong).

Maybe itā€™s because they slip between the gaps in ā€˜modern rockā€™ (not new enough) ā€˜classic rockā€™ (not old enough) and ā€˜greatest hitsā€™ (too cheesy?).

Or maybe they were just thrashed too much at the time that thereā€™s now a ā€˜cringe factorā€™ effect?