Great songs heard on radio

Yep, give me some Max Q or Company of Strangers anyday over yet another overflogged AC/DC or Cold Chisel hit.

4 Likes

Yes, or Wildland or Maybe Dolls or even Chocolate Starfish.

1 Like

All of those artists can be heard on The Conga Line from time to time (not every week, we donā€™t do repetition even if itā€™s ā€˜obscure repetitionā€™)! And now you can ā€˜Listen Againā€™ to most Braidwood FM shows:

1 Like

This is stretching the definition, but I more saw than heard the following classic song on the Nightlife music video service at my local pub tonight

Date With Destiny - Mental As Anything

1 Like

Heard these three good ones this morning as part of Triple M Melbourneā€™s Flock of 80s Friday:

One Perfect Day - Little Heroes
Gloria - U2 (not a big fan of them, but I like this one)
All the Things She Said - Simple Minds

3 Likes

Triple M Sydney currently playing

No Say In It - Machinations

WSFM at the very same time playing

Weā€™re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister

3 Likes

Triple M Melbourne also played that one just after I made the post. Was about to edit my post to include it!

2 Likes

Great song. I only wish theyā€™d throw these type of songs in randomly throughout the day/night, and not just as part of some special. They have so much more impact if they get played out of nowhere. 1 song per hour should be like this.

2 Likes

The A-Z of The 80s has just wrapped up on WSFM.

Over the last 3 hours (from part way through U to Z) have heard the following great songs that are not normally played.

Everybody Wants To Work - Uncanny X-Men
We Are The World - USA For Africa
Canā€™t Stop The Music - Village People
Walk The Dinosaur - Was (Not Was)
The Whole Of The Moon - Waterboys
Eat It - Weird Al Yankovic
You Better You Bet - The Who (which for some reason doesnā€™t get played as much as it used to).
Senses Working Overtime - XTC
Owner Of A Lonely Heart - Yes

According to Lava, they appeared to have played some other gems today too, such as

Twist In My Sobriety - Tanita Tikaram
Star Trekkin - The Firm
Iā€™m Only Shooting Love - Time Bandits

7 Likes

On Monday I heard on the radio This is Goodbye by Moby.

Heard on the Conga Line this week. But I bet Wuss didnā€™t play the Tin Lidsā€™ version afterward. Boom-boom-acka-lacka-lacka-boom.

Great Lakes FM played these two rarely played great songs back to back this morning

Lucky Me - Bachelor Girl
Rise - Daryl Braithwaite

3 Likes

I love that song.

4 Likes

Yes are so much more than just Owner of a Lonely Heart. Their early 70ā€™s material is awesome, such as this epic track. Close to the Edge (i. The Solid Time of Change, ii. Total Mass Retain, iii. I Get up I Get... - YouTube
Source: yesofficial (YouTube)

3 Likes

Meant to post this yesterday

Triple M Sydney yesterday played a double shot from The Beatles

Let It Be
Hey Jude

The only Beatles song i ever really hear on Triple M is ā€˜Revolutionā€™.

5 Likes

hey jude i hear often maybe u dont listen much

I heard the following on the regional ARN Retro 20/20 Countdown tonight (for me on 105.5 2EC Eden whilst down on the NSW South Coast)

Ainā€™t Gonna Eat Out Of My Heart - Divinyls

Havenā€™t heard that one for a while!

I do wish ARN had the 20/20 Countdown on weeknights on WSFM and Gold104.3 ā€¦ it is a good program - well put together and presented with music facts and trivia.

4 Likes

Two Of Hearts - Stacey Q

On XLFM Cooma just after midday today

Love that song!

4 Likes

You can always rely on XL and GN to play the unflogged classics. They play the ones that others wonā€™t touch.

4 Likes

I heard another good song on the ABC radio - These Days from Powderfinger.