Great songs heard on radio

Already covered above!

Could the little ‘so and so’ referred to in ‘Money For Nothing’ be Prince?

Played on Gold 104.3 this morning:

Say You Will - Foreigner
Games Without Frontiers - Peter Gabriel

3 Likes

Are they doing Totally 80s from Boxing Day to New Years (like WSFM is)?

1 Like

Yes they are.

1 Like

Rock Steady Crew- Hey You

BBC Radio 2 ‘Sounds Of The 80s’. Turn on and what do I hear? A track played on Billy Bob’s NYE mix :wink:

4 Likes

I heard on 94.5 FM that they played Of Monsters an men’s single Little talks.

2 Likes

Dust In The Wind / Kansas
Not The Loving Kind / The Twins

Back to back on The Breeze. Loving how adventurous Breeze is all the time.

3 Likes

Ain’t Even Done With The Night / John Cougar Mellancamp

Wow, just wow. I had forgotten that song even existed, and I haven’t heard it since the mid-80s. The song instantly took me back to that time, and FM104. Possibly the only other station that would have played it during the mid-80s would have been 4BK. It was released in 1980.

1 Like

Catch Me I’m Falling - Real Life

Just played on Gold 104.3. They’ve been playing some good songs today.

5 Likes

Have noticed today that commercial FM stations are not playing ‘All Australian’ music today like they used to, presumably reflecting something of an anti-Australia Day sentiment that is currently prevalent.

Triple M Sydney is doing the ‘Top 400 BBQ Bangers’ countdown which includes international artists.

WSFM are playing some “double shots” of Australian artists, but only intermittently.

Triple M regionals, Smooth and 2Day just seem to be running their regular logs.

2 Likes

It’s certainly a change. Gold are persisting with playing all Australian music today.

Triple M Melbourne are running the same countdown as well. I found it interesting that Triple M are playing songs from international artists today considering the fuss they made a few years ago when Triple J moved the Hottest 100 from January 26.

2 Likes

BBQ Bangers

1 Like

Breeze is all-Australian today, and playing a lot of rarely heard songs not normally featured on Oz countdowns.

3 Likes

Thanks, I only had a quick listen coming out of the 1pm news, there was no mention of anything different then.

Here’s a song that can’t be played on the radio (JJJ excepted, which is where I heard it):

Much to my delight I found it had been added to Spotify :smiley:

3 Likes

Not really a Bob Dylan fan at all but just hearing Jokerman on Breeze and there’s something about that one I really like.

2 Likes

They played ‘The Joker And The Queen’ by Ed Sheeran/Taylor Swift immediately afterward. Someone at 4BRZ has been listening to my shows :slight_smile: I’m guessing Wolfmother would be a bit out of format, but would certainly work on 4RBL.

2 Likes

Yes I heard that one too. I’m sure Rebel would play Wolfmother :smiley:

1 Like

Wonder if those “Joker” songs are part of a theme? eg. maybe the tennis with the ‘Joker’ Djokovic playing in the mens final tonight?

The Steve Miller Band would also fit that bill too.

2 Likes

heard on Magic 1278 this arvo on the “Magic Lunchbox” with Gavan Miller:
Shandi - KISS
followed by Spinning Wheel - Blood Sweat and Tears.

3 Likes