Grant Broadcasters (not sold to ARN)

Mathers informed staff yesterday that Friday January 20th, 2023 will be his last day as General Manager at Geelong Broadcasters.

1 Like

…step in as acting General Manager of Geelong Broadcasters for the next 3 months, effective from this Monday, January 23rd.

1 Like

PLEASE return BayFM as being the soft easy listening station & K-Rock as being the rock station.

Stop this mish-mash, especially now that they have local ownership on their side.

8 Likes

Bay to soft ac is a slam dunk I’d say - Smooth and Mix before it abandoned that segment, and 3MP is on AM and not modern enough. It fits the ‘coastal’ town of Geelong and is a unique segment against the Melbourne stations.

K-Rock I’d be less confident on - I’m nostalgic for it as a rock station, but I’ll admit there’s maybe not as much of a market for rock radio these days. But their current format isn’t differentiated enough from Bay, let alone a compelling offering over Fox, Nova and KIIS.

4 Likes

What about something in between Triple J and Nova for Krock?
Grant’s two Geelong stations are no longer part of the network of stations now owned by ARN, do what they do on the Sunshine Coast give them their own unique playlists. I think they still share their logs with ARN regional?

2 Likes

Yes, Bay & K Rock still share their logs with ARN Regional.

As for ARN doing their own unique playlists on the Sunshine Coast, I don’t think it’s the case, given that the logs on Hot 91 & Zinc are also heard on other stations within the network. You’re probably thinking of Sea & Mix, who are owned by GSL Media, and therefore have their own logs, given they’re independently-owned stations.

1 Like

Yes I was think of Mix and Sea fm.
Does Sea fm still do RnB Friday’s they were doing it at one stage.

Looking at Lava from last Friday, it appears that Sea FM Sunshine Coast are still doing RnB Fridays.

Don’t they call it something different? Like RnB Friyay?

1 Like

Would love to see KRock do something similar to Triple M Perth along with current trending hits to retain its listeners (under 40). And yes Bay target 40 plus 70s to now.

3 Likes

Yes, Bay would do well adopting a soft Ac or bright ac format.

Keep K rock as a male skewed CHR, with a similar log to Power.

3 Likes

Apparently there will be changes to the Bay log, not sure if they are going seperate to the ARN log

4 Likes

let me check
edit :so far looks like there doing there own log

3 Likes

That will be interesting. When are they starting the new log?

2 Likes

With Bay93.9 now running on its own log, has/will K-rock follow?

Looking at their playlist online & comparing it with other stations, K-Rock is still on the ARN Regional log. Whether they will adopt their own log or not remains to be seen.

2 Likes
1 Like

It looks like K Rock is following Bay’s footsteps on getting its own music log, as they’re looking for a Music Director.

From the job ad:

Our city is thriving and growing fast, so we require an exceptionally curated playlist focused on listeners in our market. This is a highly competitive market, with Melbourne less than an hour up the road, and plenty of other signals heard in the region, so K rock’s content has to be world-class. Exciting proposition, right?!

9 Likes