Grant Broadcasters (not sold to ARN)

Yep, K-Rock’s content has to be world-class, not ‘regional solus market class’ as it has been for too long. Let’s hope they can find a good MD who can curate an exciting and individual playlist.

4 Likes

Does that mean they’ll drop trying to be KIIS?

3 Likes

Does that mean they’ll actually do what their name says and play ROCK?

4 Likes

Considering ARN no longer owns K-Rock & Bay93.9, both stations have been given a new look website - in-line with the remaining ARN Regional stations.

I wonder what licensing agreement is in place at present for this sharing?

3 Likes

ARN has never owned K-Rock and Bay FM. When ARN bought Grants’ radio stations those two were not included in the deal.

2 Likes

I read @thesub1’s comment at the time and wondered if the meaning was that now that Grant Broadcasters is no longer in its previous form?

2 Likes

I stand corrected - I was obviously meant to say, now that K-Rock & Bay93.9 are no longer part of the larger (former) Grants network, why is it that their websites have only recently been given a facelift to match the brand new ARN Regional websites?

Grants (K-Rock & Bay93.9) would’ve had to pay ARN Regional for this to be done, surely?

3 Likes

…at SCA.

Chris will broadcast weekdays on K rock, driving local content as well as steering the sound of the station musically in his new role.

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for the update. Poor woman probably multitasking on the same money to retain her job.

An article about K Rock’s Music Director & Workday Announcer, Chris Holland.

The article also mentioned that he presents a weekly show on K Rock that promotes local artists & local shows in the Geelong region called “Great Ocean Odes”, which airs on Wednesday nights at 7pm.

3 Likes

Good to see K rock has its own playlist. They’re playing some good music, on a par with the metro stations.

2 Likes

What format? Much different to the pop stuff before?

1 Like

Yes I heard 2Pac - California Love and Puddle of Mudd - Blurry, in amongst some more recent pop songs. It was a good mix.

4 Likes

Puddle of Mudd was a staple of K-Rock’s back in the day, good older track to mix in with the newer stuff to cater for the older listeners who’ve hung around.

3 Likes

One of my favourites from Puddle of Mud. This song was a sample on Hot100 in Darwin back in the day when they were a modern rock station.

5 Likes
3 Likes

A very iconic presence and voice in Geelong radio. Wish him all the best with the new challenge.

1 Like

A challenge indeed considering Grants cut back local news in Victoria (at least) during the pandemic, using it as an excuse (along with the music scheduling)

1 Like

His final breakfast show will be on Friday 3rd May.

2 Likes