Gold Coast - Survey 3, 2022

2 Likes

Hot Tomato remains on top with 15.7%, up 0.6 from the previous survey. This was followed by Sea FM with 10.6% (-0.7), Triple M with 9% (-1.4) & JJJ with 8% (-1.0).

In the demos, Hot Tomato is #1 in every demo except for the 25-39s (which was won by Sea, followed closely by JJJ) & 65+ (which was won by ABC Gold Coast). Triple M (formerly Gold) was beaten by JJJ in the 40-54s.

In breakfast, Hot Tomato’s Galey, Emily Jade & Christo is #1 with 14.2% (+0.9), followed by Sea’s Bianca, Ben & Lakey with 12.1% (Steady) and Triple M’s Flan, Ali & Spida with 10.1% (-1.3). In drive, Hot Tomato’s Moyra & Big Trev is #1 with 16.4% (-0.4), followed by Carrie & Tommy on Sea with 12.6% (-3.2), JJJ’s Hobba & Hing with 11.6% (+0.3) and Triple M’s Rush Hour with 9.3% (-1.6).

The “Other Stations” ratings is at 34.2%, down from 34.9% in the previous survey.

5 Likes

Have RadioToday put yet another positive SCA spin on today’s GC result?

4 Likes

It’s coming. So sick of their one eyed rubbish. That’s not industry journalism.

Well done to all on the Gold Coast, now have over three months out of survey.

Wonder if ARN viewing the market as metro will at least up the books to four/year?

4 Likes

SCA need to bite the bullet and rebrand 92.5 back to Gold fm.

The rebranding to generic Hit and Triple M on the Gold Coast has been a disaster, look at the ratings!!!

In the past Sea fm and Gold fm had the highest ratings when they had their own local programming and own music logs. Maybe SCA should have a look into this.

5 Likes

Exactly what SCA need to do for 92.5.

I maintain HT’s lead would be further if their log was exclusively used for the Gold Coast.

Keep maintaining the existing one, just leave it for regional stations.

5 Likes

Not related to this thread, but Central Coast also need to be rebranded back to Sea fm / 2GO.
The exclusive logs for the Gold Coast could also be shared with the Central Coast stations but not with the rest of the network.

2 Likes

I notice that on 92.5’s RDS it often says “We used to be Gold FM”; seems strange to be promoting your previous branding.

5 Likes

Local staff know rebranding is a lemon, so they’re trying to work around it and a cheeky comment on RDS is probably the most unofficial/official way to do so.

4 Likes

What’s interesting to note is that since Survey 1 this year, whilst the local Sea & 92.5 MMM fell, B105 & 104.5 MMM from Brisbane went up.

Also, this is 92.5’s lowest overall rating share, at least since Nielsen started surveying the market in 2005 after Hot Tomato went to air two years before.

5 Likes

I am sure SCA will keep their heads buried in the sand, and dismiss the results. Wait for the spin to begin.

4 Likes

According to past statements (was it around the Dubbo result?) they just copy and paste from what SCA supplies, so no doubt they will also parrot any spin applied from SCA.

2 Likes

And Nova’s 3.7 beats its previous best of 3.6 in S3/2019.

2 Likes

Great to see you @HUFF, what stats can you provide us on the low overall share of 92.5 MMM, formerly Gold FM?

2 Likes

My data matches @TV-Expert 's… this is the lowest ever for 92.5 - their first time in single digits for that matter.

4 Likes

I also heard some references to “Gold” during their Flock of Eighties weekends.

5 Likes

Very sad for them. Thanks @HUFF and @TV-Expert

Wonder how 92.5 fared as GGG against SEA when began then as KROQ?

All better than today?

3 Likes

Yes.

In S2/1991, KROQ scored an 18.1% share, whilst Sea FM scored 23.3%.

5 Likes

Maybe a rebrand back to Gold Fm in 2023?

2 Likes

When the station drops like that, it’s what is needed to be done.

I’d rebrand back to KOFM, Gold, 4TO and 2GO.

They’re the most competitive markets who really could do with it right now.

I’m surprised they went back to local branding for Hit rather than for Triple M. Especially when the Triple M brand comes with baggage/history from Sydney & Melbourne radio.

4 Likes