Gogglebox Australia

It affects people in different ways. Some can decline very fast, while others the deterioration can be slowed down if they respond to medication, change their diet and lifestyle.

I have seen both. One who was diagnosed 8 years ago and can still function well but with help from his family. Another who within months had declined so fast that she didn’t recognise family members.

From someone who has experienced it, Emilie had been showing signs of dementia in recent seasons and it looked like her daughter was aware but her granddaughter not so much.

3 Likes

Sad to hear about Emmie, but as the family says it’s a reality faced by so many Australian families and fortunately she’s been diagnosed later in life rather than earlier as it can happen for many. I had wondered from a couple of moments in previous seasons about whether there might be some issues like that for her so I’m not surprised but sad for her and her family. I hope it’s also not affecting her too much and it’s also that she just couldn’t continue with being a part of the series because of the unpredictability of the disease.

1 Like

Silbery family on The Project.

4 Likes
4 Likes

The narrator says Sarah Marie is absent from this season of Gogglebox as she prepares to give birth to her second child.

Whens it due?

Sarah Marie announced her pregnancy in December 2022, so I think the baby is due mid year.

Why did they make them watch Jordie’s elimination on Survivor? Surely the more entertaining one would have been George and Simon’s tribal?

1 Like

Matty, Sarah Marie and Malik feature in today’s issue of Stellar, in which Sarah Marie revealed she had a miscarriage last year, before her current pregnancy.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/stellar/gogglebox-family-reveal-pregnancy-struggle/news-story/dd5c8346b1566f7fd074f761fdf04dd5

I didn’t find this weeks episode that interesting… I don’t recall seeing the Daltons on it or much of Keith and Lee ? Maybe the shows this week were boring.

1 Like

Agree. It’s feeling quite stale. Too much focus on the dull ones, Tim and Leanne, Milo and Nic and the Delpechitras.

The UK version does a much better job at keeping it fresh with new participants and picking people from all parts of the country, age groups, income levels? Etc.

3 Likes

Fast turn around for last night’s episode with the Goggleboxers shown reviewing the first episode of ABC’s Queerstralia that premiered on Tuesday night.

They probably got early access

1 Like

It’s not the same with Emmie gone and just the two women . Same with Sara Marie gone for a bit and just the two guys.

I miss Emmie saying something funny and then all of them laughing or Sara Marie saying something to the guys and the banter that went on.

The original Gogglebox is celebrating its 10th anniversary tonight in the UK

2 Likes

Why did the producers choose shows that are months old for Googleboxers to watch over the past week?

Because otherwise we’d be stuck seeing MAFS, Survivor and Idol again and again. Viewers complained when they kept reviewing the sane shows every week. It’s difficult when the networks are not running many new shows at the moment.

5 Likes

UK drama Vera (which finished its latest season last week) is worth a review, as well as Endeavour and new Amazon drama Class of 07 which starts this Friday.

1 Like

I’m sure Vera has been reviewed before and with Endeavour ending after many seasons, it would be a bit difficult for Goggleboxers to review something that has been going a long time that they’ve never watched. That’s probably why a lot of long running series don’t get featured. A new show like Class of 07 would be worth featuring this season.

Also, you have to remember that a lot of shows on streaming services are there for a long time so they don’t necessarily need to be reviewed the first week all the episodes are released

3 Likes

you might want to go back and edit:D