Gogglebox Australia

is the dog gonna try and root him too?

1 Like

You’re lovely.

He’s got a point tho. That bloody dog is annoying.

2 Likes

News Corp and Foxtel are inviting the public to a Q&A session in Sydney next month where fans can catch up with some of the cast from this season of Gogglebox, including new members from Sydney (Kaday and Chantal, and the Elias family) and the Gold Coast (surfing mates Milo and Nic). The event will be held at Pyrmont in Sydney on March 10 at 6pm. For more info and register for tickets, visit the LifeStyle website.

It’d be nice if Foxtel/News Corp were to hold a Q&A session on the Gold Coast where locals can get to know the new group from their area!

I thought Foxtel weren’t keen on the cast of Gogglebox attending social events because they wanted to keep them grounded and not turn them into “celebrities”. This seems like the complete opposite of that policy. What happened?

2 Likes

Angie and Yvie

That’s not the answer I’m looking for.

They were prevented from doing interviews and since they left they’ve been appearing on every radio and television show that will have them. IThey’vef they had been allowed to do that while they were on Gogglebox it would have been terrible for the show.

Surely it has something to do with the fact that despite the best attempts to prevent the Goggleboxers from becoming “celebrities” it’s inevitable that the general public would recgonise them in the street, etc?

Yes, but my point is that they have tried to keep them down to earth and everyday people, in the past, but now they’re deliberately turning them into some sort of celebrity before the show has even started.

1 Like

On Studio 10 this morning

3 Likes

Joe Hildebrand looks thrilled to be interviewing Mick & Di in that 2nd cap! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, Ten’s promos for the upcoming season have been so ordinary they may actually make my “confusing” tongue in cheek mock look half decent. No mentions/previews of the new households, footage of Adam & Symon and even Angie & Yvie could be spotted on the TV graphics (hopefully they’re getting royalties for this) and did they really need to censor the word “sex” during the clip used of Anastasia & Faye singing that Salt-N-Pepa song?! I thought you were allowed to say it even during PG-rated programs!

1 Like

I went to the Lifestyle channel and it says Mick is 76 and Di is 73 ? I thought she was 80 something she looks older.

1 Like

How rude.

1 Like

I saw a promo this morning with the new households. I cant recall if that was Ten or Foxtel though.

Saying it on a public forum is rude? It’s not like I would say it to them in person.

What if I said you looked really fatter or uglier than I thought you were? Is that okay? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I have a feeling now with Angie and Yvie etc… that the cast are all on different contracts and the people who been there longest and get most airtime are on more money but the others wouldn’t know that and that’s why they are allowed to do media now, its part of the deal like when they sign talent to a network. The new ones are probably just getting what the seasonal pros got first season.

That’s a safe bet.

That was a rather flat season premiere. Adam and Symon were sorely missed. I suppose it’ll take a while to warm to the new Goggleboxers.

5 Likes