Gogglebox Australia

Its a bit stupid that it only lasts one day on tenplay. That should be sorted out. Obviously a reason for it though.

1 Like

It’s there now

1 Like

Encore on Monday night at 10pm.Did Ten show encores last year?

Not that I recall.

Yeah, I don’t ever remember Ten showing encores of Gogglebox in 2015. Although Lifestyle played plenty of them (even doing a Gogglebox marathon over Christmas I think).

Its obviously a rights issue. I can’t see it being extended longer.

I know Eleven did on Fridays for season 2.

Obviously… Now that they are airing encores doesn’t really make much sense though… Something that could be sorted out.

They did. Sometimes I missed the Thursday night screening so I’d catch the re-run on Friday.

1 Like

The current series only comprises of eight episodes. Hopefully another series comes back later in the year.

I agree, although considering that this season started later than usual I wouldn’t be too surprised if this is the only one we get this year.

1 Like

Last year season 1 had 10 episodes and Season 2 started 1 October and had 8 episodes

:laughing: at some of the reactions to Luke Warm Sex.

3 Likes

This season will be finished by the end of May so there is still plenty of time for another season this year. Season 2 didn’t start until October. Gogglebox is an excellent platform for Ten to advertise its’ shows. Another season when The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Survivor screen would be ideal. Unfortunately, this season is airing when Ten has diddly squat in its’ schedule.

Every episode of Luke Warm Sex needs to be accompanied by a Gogglebox running commentary. Absolutely hilarious.

2 Likes

Yes - the Gogglebox segment on Luke Warm Sex was so much better than the show itself.

1 Like

Do the producers not like the old couple? Several times now they’ve made fun of them with timely edits.

They make fun of everyone with timely edits, that’s the best part of the show. Last night they cut to the two Asian girls after another couple made comments about Asians drowning. During season two several times Di made comments about only bogans would love a certain show and they cut to Anastasia screaming she loved the show.

The mother and daughter in the Sibley family need to tone it down a bit. They’re playing up to the cameras big time.

2 Likes

The most amusing part of last nights episode was the voiceover’s reference to Bondi Rescue as a popular show.

1 Like

More popular than the pottery show!

The Goggleboxers reviewed the brilliant 1981 movie Gallipoli in this week’s episode. Was the clip taken from the TV broadcast (it aired on Ten late last week) or from the movie’s DVD?