Gogglebox Australia

Agree. It’s feeling quite stale. Too much focus on the dull ones, Tim and Leanne, Milo and Nic and the Delpechitras.

The UK version does a much better job at keeping it fresh with new participants and picking people from all parts of the country, age groups, income levels? Etc.

3 Likes

Fast turn around for last night’s episode with the Goggleboxers shown reviewing the first episode of ABC’s Queerstralia that premiered on Tuesday night.

They probably got early access

1 Like

It’s not the same with Emmie gone and just the two women . Same with Sara Marie gone for a bit and just the two guys.

I miss Emmie saying something funny and then all of them laughing or Sara Marie saying something to the guys and the banter that went on.

The original Gogglebox is celebrating its 10th anniversary tonight in the UK

2 Likes

Why did the producers choose shows that are months old for Googleboxers to watch over the past week?

Because otherwise we’d be stuck seeing MAFS, Survivor and Idol again and again. Viewers complained when they kept reviewing the sane shows every week. It’s difficult when the networks are not running many new shows at the moment.

5 Likes

UK drama Vera (which finished its latest season last week) is worth a review, as well as Endeavour and new Amazon drama Class of 07 which starts this Friday.

1 Like

I’m sure Vera has been reviewed before and with Endeavour ending after many seasons, it would be a bit difficult for Goggleboxers to review something that has been going a long time that they’ve never watched. That’s probably why a lot of long running series don’t get featured. A new show like Class of 07 would be worth featuring this season.

Also, you have to remember that a lot of shows on streaming services are there for a long time so they don’t necessarily need to be reviewed the first week all the episodes are released

3 Likes

you might want to go back and edit:D

Gogglebox is a Foxtel/Binge and Ten/Paramount co-production so they often indulge on shows on those channels/streamers. A bit like an infomercial. Colin from Accounts is on Binge and 1923 is on Paramount. They even ran ads for them straight after.

1 Like

They were quite harsh in their review of Australian Idol in this weeks episode. One wonders whether that would still be the case had the reboot been on Ten and not Seven.
I guess we will never know!

1 Like

Idol got a fairly good review for an episode from the beginning of the series, so I don’t think it matters what network it is on.

3 Likes

Anastasia celebrated her 60th birthday this week.

3 Likes

It’s interesting that the Goggleboxers saw the finale of Australian Survivor, but not that for Australian Idol or Married at First Sight. Will it happen next week?

1 Like

No. They’ve done enough with those shows.

Sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.

This week

Season 17 finale is April 26 on LifeStyle, April 27 on 10.