Gladiators

Gladiators, Ready! Hosts, Ready!

Hosted By Liz Ellis And Beau Ryan, Gladiators Is Coming In 2024.

Australia, are you ready?

One of the most exciting and iconic sports entertainment gameshows in the world, Gladiators, is making a triumphant return to Australian screens.

Premiering in 2024, a new tribe of 21st century superhumans – the Gladiators - will wrestle, rumble, and battle brave Aussie Contenders from all walks of life, in the ultimate test of speed, strength, stamina, agility and power.

In true David vs Goliath fashion and against the breathtaking backdrop of a brand-new gladiatorial arena, the Gladiators and Contenders’ skills will be tested like never before, as they take part in a series of brand-new events, alongside classic challenges including fan-favourites; Hang Tough, Duel, The Wall, Power Ball, Pyramid and The Eliminator.

Welcoming a new generation of fans to the spectacle of Gladiators with charm, wit, and sporting expertise, are iconic sporting heroes and our hosts, Liz Ellis and Beau Ryan.

Fresh from being crowned the 2023 Queen of the I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! jungle, Liz said: “I am super pumped to be hosting Gladiators with Beau who is in the gym as we speak trying to match it with our Gladiators.

“It’s an iconic franchise and I’m excited about the reboot. It is set to showcase some of my favourite Gladiator challenges from the original series as well as throw up a few new ones for us to fall in love with!”

On hosting the epic battle series, Beau said: “I am beyond excited to be hosting Gladiators alongside the great Liz Ellis. Liz is a national treasure, and we are going to have a lot of fun. I grew up watching and loving Gladiators and can’t wait to get into it. It’s going to be spectacular.”

Gladiators is made for Network 10 by Warner Bros. International Television Production and executive produced by Johnny C. Ferraro and Barry Poznick. The original Gladiators series was created by Johnny C. Ferraro and Dan Carr and produced in association with Flor-Jon Films. Gladiators is distributed by Amazon MGM Studios Distribution.

Gladiators. Coming To 10 And 10 Play In 2024.

2 Likes

Good choice.

Looks like 10 aren’t confident about TARA and they’re shifting Beau elsewhere to keep him.

2 Likes

Weird they’re announcing this now so close to upfront season.

When is Paramount Australia’s upfront?

1 Like

Great to see Gladiators returning. As many people had guessed, it is coming to 10.

I’d say it’s because filming will start soon, with ticketing details to be released.

1 Like

I thought Beau was a shoo in for I’m ia celeb. I guess not.

1 Like

This has potential but they need to shake up the format IMO to make it fresh and exciting. Of course some level of nostalgia will be part of the lure but as we learnt with the previous reboot, that will only bring in viewers in the very short term.

It will be interesting to see when this is scheduled because it sounds like it can’t be too far off if it is being announced now.

Strange conclusion to make. Based on that you could also say that Nine are not confident of their Australian Open ratings so are giving Todd Woodbridge Tipping Point :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

And Seven are shoving Sonia into every show going just in case :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching original version on YouTube. Gladiators are you ready!:stuck_out_tongue:

I might check this out in2024.

1 Like

Many of us remember the original series. The casting was great, with cult figures like Vulcan appearing. We even knew the refs (Mike Whitney and John Alexander). Not many of us remember the reviver a decade later. lol.

Good choice with Liz Ellis here as host. I hope Beau Ryan does a good job here too.

So they paired the older lady with the younger “hunk” again. It worked for IACelebGMOOH and both have been contestants on that show

Edit. Why is that acronym censored?

We’ve been told about a million times it’s because the forum doesn’t accept long acronyms. It thinks you are posting rubbish. Why can’t you just say I’m A Celeb?

1 Like

Will it be great if Mike Whitney becomes the referee again for 10’s revival series? He finished as the host of Sydney Weekender a few months ago.

I think Beau and Liz will be great hosts

2 Likes

They could get him and John Alexander to return. Neither appear to be doing much these days.

10 announced the Gladiators on their social media today. One of which included former NRL winger Sandor Earl.

1 Like

3 Likes

90s…

Has it revealed the nicknames of the new Gladiators yet?

Why do all the guys look flamboyant? Even in the original they at least looked masculine

1 Like