George Floyd Killing/BLM - Coverage

ABC News Live stream has the best coverage from what I’ve seen today. They’ve been doing a split screen from multiple affiliates.

5 Likes

It was one of the scariest things I have lived through. People didn’t have any idea what they were doing it for. They were stealing lollies from a pound land. I remember walking home from the station in London and saw someone running. They yelled out to me and said run and get home rioters are coming. I heard when I got home that a friend of mine got caught in the riots and people started punching them for no reason.

1 Like

Notable news links in the past day (some contain confronting content):

Curfews in some cities not stopping protests that are still ongoing this hour across the country.

1 Like

If you’re curious if worldwide overseers are turning to Twin Cities local media, the answer is undoubtedly yes. As far as YouTube goes, though, 3 of the 4 big stations in town upload regularly.

KSTP 5 (ABC) stopped uploading 2 months ago.
KMSP Fox 9 uploads a couple or few times a day.
KARE 11 (NBC) and WCCO 4 (CBS) are consistently uploading through the day. WCCO has had its videos on the trending page and has received the most traffic (5 to 6 digits in views each video).

https://www.youtube.com/user/KSTPTVTwinCities

2 Likes
6 Likes

Ten using freelancer Duncan McKenzie Mcharg for a live cross to Los Angeles.

Eamon Ashton Atkinson filed an on the ground report from New York. No live cross.

For a 90 minute bulletin I would’ve thought they would’ve had more detailed coverage. They should’ve used more resources from CBS news.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Ashlee Mullany copped some rubber bullets in the arm today.

(Around 1:50)

2 Likes
2 Likes

I’ve been getting more on the coverage from the various O&O stations on CBSN than from 10. I’m also puzzled why their coverage isn’t as good when they would have access to CBS Stations?

1 Like

Sky News UK coverage

1 Like

For God sake Nine, get them out of there. No exclusive is worth their lives.

1 Like

Pretty sure Tim said in his tweet he’s been freed already.

So? Doesn’t make the situation any safer.

Former Nine Perth weather girl Sally Ayhan was shot by rubber bullets on TRT World outside the White House.

1 Like

Sorry I thought you meant freed from detention.

Oh sorry, na the violence. Its just not worth it.

1 Like

Give it a break will you? It’s their job, do you ask foreign correspondents in war zones to retreat? They make a choice as it’s their career, they’re adults and can make their own decisions for their safety.

4 Likes

I’ll be sure to remember this comment if Tim Arvier or other Australian journalists eventually win an award for their coverage!

1 Like