General TV History

Seeing that Network Ten is about to get the Melbourne Cup back, here is TV Week’s preview of Ten’s coverage in 1980, the network’s third year covering the event

6 Likes

A rare logo from CBN/CWN, now known as Prime7 Orange.

1 Like

Kind of looks like it says Channel 86, that’d be a good channel for Maxwell Smart.

3 Likes

In 1989, both CBN and CWN would merge and become CBN, branded on-air as Prime Television.

1 Like

And in 1978, the first time ATV0 covered it for the 0-10 Network

1 Like

Here are 3 promos from WIN

5 Likes

Midday with Ray Martin Opener:

5 Likes

Was a blast from the past seeing “WIN” the other one (World International Network) print
hqdefault-1

Seen at the start of a 4:3 aspect made for TV movie on 7flix near midnight last night.

I’m guessing @TelevisionAU or @Zampakid might know, but as I understand it, WIN was a global licencing and production co-operate among networks (Seven in Australia). Seven have been airing WIN’s content (commonly made for TV movies) since the mid 1979s, as TelevisionAU mentioned.

This long-time content supply is also what many here identify as “Lifetime” (which in the USA use WINs content, or vice-versa).

WIN/Lifetime content can be identified on Seven’s advanced guides by their internal distributor code “WILF”.

For curiosity, here are the other territories (global networks) that were originally part of the co-operate. Whether they’re still licenced like Seven or not is unknown (“7 Australia” can be seen too)
unnamed-3

Saw this on the Simpsons Facebook Group “Rock Bottom”, thought I’d like to share it here :joy:

5 Likes

JUST.
LOOK.
CLOSELY.
#myfriends.

1 Like

DDQ10 and SDQ4

(the call-signs and channel numbers are long gone but the stations now exist as part of WIN television)

2 Likes

Ten News ‘First at Five’ Promo:

4 Likes

#myfriends

4 Likes

something worth read about regional TV while this topic going to dead, #myfriends

http://acquire.cqu.edu.au:8080/vital/access/manager/Repository/cqu:1295

Actually, this thread existed well before you began posting here and I can’t see it being dead anytime in the near future. It’s doing just fine without a million questions a day.

25 Likes

Logo of Mid-Western Television, owners of VEW-8 Kalgoorlie and VEW-3 Kambalda.

2 Likes

DOn’t know if the logo was corporate or for the station…

Anyway… (1982/83)

3 Likes

Ten Eyewitness News Melbourne opener from 1991 during the Gulf War.

10 Likes

Great find. Have not seen Melbourne vision from that specific era.

3 Likes

Wow, rare find. Difficult to find content with those very short lived Eurostile based news graphics just after the relaunch from anywhere that isn’t Sydney.

5 Likes