General News Events - Coverage Discussion

As seen in the Courier Mail

https://twitter.com/OYFallTSM/status/1615923819084120064?s=20&t=4NW0-pyXicU3MOjZ8GWCHA

1 Like

such an embarrassment. If the ABC did something as sloppy as that the News Corp papers would have it all over the front page with “ABC FAIL!!!1!!!” as the headline.

7 Likes

Perhaps “Channel 2” :wink:

3 Likes

The Guardian has a fairly good summary of “the biggest story in Australia on Thursday” as described by The Daily Mail. The DM even managed to criticism medis (Nine and ABC) for not covering the story. That contrasts to the saturation coverage given by Seven in news bulletins, breakfast and morning programs.

Also reported that the video was purchased for “a rumoured” $10,000.

had been filmed by an onlooker who later sold the footage for a rumoured $10,000.

No one is buying that 10 sec clip for 10k

A longer version as since been published. $10k is small change for News.

so big I have literally no idea what it was about other than some biffo between a sports person and TV presenter?

1 Like

Fuck me thats rich

1 Like

Nine’s Brisbane news carried this BREAKING NEWS during Sunday night’s n6pm bulletin I didn’t post anything at the time because it seemed to get little coverage from other media - even CNN, Fox, Sky though it was covered well on BBC World.

The shooting was reported to have have happened at 4pm AEDT Sunday. Apart from some confirmation of the details, the story has remained unchanged since the news report last night. Yet, I see this morning that it is still BREAKING NEWS. Perhaps “News We Missed Last Night” would be better :thinking:

1 Like

Should be “breaking overnight” as it happened hours ago

1 Like

Another crash on the Gold Coast this time a seaplane. Nine first reported this on their socials.

Showing up on social media.

Update: Seven reporting no injuries.

You can also see the Surf Lifesaver helicopter circled the site at Jumpinpin and a Rescue Helicopter is approaching from Brisbane.

SLQ track

2 Likes

Just use “alert” like they do for headlines or updates. That’s alarmist enough.

2 Likes

Regarding the state of emergency in Auckland…. Has there been any extra news coverage (from TVNZ or Newshub) for this storm event?

1 Like

Nothing what so ever. It’s barely registering for them.

1 Like

Headlining on Sunrise this morning.

2 Likes

Good to see Sunrise mentioning it. It’s been quiet on the ABC and other channels

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Earthquake in Türkiye
Al Jazeera

CNN

DW news

ABC news

Trt World

France 24

Sky news uk

3 Likes

CNN, France 24, Sky News and DW still calling Turkiye Turkey.

3 Likes

Seems like the death toll is rising fast. Could be a much bigger story tomorrow.

IIRC the 2010 Haiti earthquake was not big news the day it happened but as the death toll skyrocketed over the following week it became the top story. Hopefully this is not that bad, but that can happen.

1 Like